Prep time: 5 minutes — Cook time: 10 minutes — Total time: 15 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for the most amazing cherry tomato salad with burrata cheese and balsamic vinegar. This is the best tomato salad with cheese you can make, and it’s the perfect side for your dinner (or as a standalone lunch). Not only is it tasty, it also takes just 15 minutes to make and only has a little more than a handful of ingredients.
2.65 oz (75 g) burrata cheese
0.88 oz (25 g) rucola
5.29 oz (150 g) cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive olie
0.5 teaspoon dried basil
0.5 red onion
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Add balsamic vinegar to a pot and put it on medium heat.
- Let it simmer until it’s reduced to about half the volume (about 5-10 minutes). Keep watch so it doesn’t burn. When it cools off again it’ll also thicken a bit, so be careful you don’t let it reduce too much.
- Remove pot from the heat and pour your glaze into a bowl and let it cool down.
- Grab your KUMA Paring Knife and cut the cherry tomatoes in halves.
- In a bowl turn the tomatoes in olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried basil.
- Wash rucola and place on a plate as your salad base.
- Drain burrata and place in the center of the plate.
- Add cherry tomatoes around the cheese.
- With your KUMA Chef’s Knife slice the red onion in nice and thin slices and spread them across your plate over the tomatoes.
- Finally top off with your balsamic glaze which you’ll drizzle across the entire salad, cheese included.
- Serve immediately or put in fridge until ready to dine.
Recipe for Burrata with Tomatoes and Balsamic Glaze
This is one of the absolute best recipes for a tomato salad with cheese. The small cherry tomatoes, the creamy, soft and filling burrata cheese, and the drizzled balsamic glaze go so beautifully together and really make this the ultimate tomato salad. It is simple, it is easy, it contains just over a handful of ingredients - and it tastes absolutely perfect and creamy. Whether you are making a simple yet yummy salad for your weekday dinner, need a side for a tapas evening, or if you are serving a fancy weekend dinner for your guests - this tomato salad is your go-to. Everyone will love it. The balsamic glaze compliments the sweet tomatoes and the creamy, soft cheese perfectly. This salad works all year around for many different meals.
Tomato Salad with Burrata
We often make our tomato salads with mozzarella, which is definitely a delicious cheese for your salad. But when we got our eyes opened to the burrata cheese, everything changed. If you haven’t had burrata, it is like the deluxe version of mozzarella that is soft and creamy in the center when you cut it up. The soft cheese compliments the rucola, cherry tomatoes, and red onion just perfectly.
What’s a Good Meal to Serve this Salad with?
This tomato salad is a great side for almost anything. Our stuffed pork tenderloin with parma comes to mind, but it would also go great with our Keftedes (Greek meatballs). You could also serve it next to a creamy salmon pasta with asparagus and roasted pine nuts or even serve it as an appetizer to a yummy potato pizza with pesto and mascarpone. The possibilities are endless with a tomato salad side as great as this one.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!