Prep time: 20 minutes — Cook time: 15 hours — Total time: 15 hours and 20 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Recipe for a delicious, crispy homemade pizza with potato and pesto on an amazing creamy mascarpone sauce. The absolute best white sauce pizza with potato you can make. Let’s cook!
7.6 oz (215 g) water
0.18 oz (5 g) yeast
0.28 oz (8 g) salt
11.11 oz (315 g) flour
2 packs fresh mozzarella
7.05 oz (200 g) mascarpone
1 yellow onion
1.06 oz (30 g) green pesto
The day before
- This is a recipe that requires some patience but on the contrast is not a lot of work. The dough needs to stay in the fridge for at least 15-18 hours minimum - but it can easily stay good for 2-3 days if you want to prepare it even sooner.
- Start by mixing the yeast and water and make sure it’s fully incorporated. Do this in a large bowl.
- Add 3.53 oz (100 g) of flour and mix it it well together. Add salt and then add the remaining flour little by little. The finished dough must not be wet and should be able to combine into a ball. So just keep stirring and working the dough until it gets the desired consistency.
- Cover your bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 15-18 hours minimum.
- Take your dough out of the fridge 2 hours before you need it. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it gently. Divide it into 2 equally sized balls. Sprinkle a good amount of flour on the table and place the dough balls on the flour. Cover them with a towel and leave them on the kitchen table to rise for 2 hours.
- Turn on oven to 530 F (275 C) or as warm as your oven can go. Put a baking tray or a pizza stone in the oven to ensure it will also get super hot.
- Now it’s time to form your pizzas. First add more flour to the table, and then take one of the two dough balls. Use your hands and fingers to form the ball into a pizza shaped circle. Place both your pizzas on 2 separate baking sheets.
- Grab your favorite KUMA knife and slice potatoes and onion into super thin slices.
- Spread a layer of mascarpone over both pizzas. Then add potato slices and onion on top of the mascarpone and crumble over the fresh mozzarella.
- Remove the hot baking tray / pizza stone from oven and drag one of the baking sheets with pizza over. Then place it in the hot oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Baking time varies a lot from oven to oven, so keep watch after the 5 minute mark. You want the crust to turn golden and crispy. At that point it’ll be ready to remove from oven and you can bake the second pizza.
- Top with salt, pepper and pesto.
Recipe for potato pizza with pesto on a mascarpone spread
Potato pizza with pesto is one of our absolute favorite vegetarian pizzas. Some vegetarian meals can be a bit bland and leave you missing the taste and texture of meat - but that’s not the case at all with this recipe! It is filled with taste and flavor, delicious mouth feel, and a creamy texture from the mascarpone sauce. Seriously, mascarpone and green pesto go PERFECTLY together. The onion adds an extra element of tang to the flavor. The thinly sliced potatoes adds a delicate little bite that fits beautifully with the different elements of taste and texture.
If you want to add meat, though, you definitely can! Serrano ham, bacon, or pepperoni goes great with a pizza like this. Potato pizza is the ultimate summer pizza and one of the best white sauce pizzas we know.
White sauce pizza with pesto and potatoes
Even though some may think that a white pizza is not a real pizza, we couldn’t disagree more. We call it the perfect summer pizza as just works so great on a hot summer evening with a cold glass of white wine. In addition to mascarpone, potatoes and pesto, this pizza also has the crispiest and most delicious pizza crust. We make almost all our pizzas on a cold fermented dough. It gives you a crispy and fluffy crust which is the perfect base for both a white pizza as well as a classic tomato sauce based pizza.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!