Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy and delicious recipe for a creamy pasta dish with salmon. It’s turned in a glorious sauce and has fresh asparagus and roasted pine nuts for that nutty flavor. Amazing! This is healthy, delicious, yummy and quick dinner. It’s perfect whether you’re alone or when you’re cooking for guests.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 yellow onion
2 garlic cloves
0.5 bundle fresh asparagus
3.53 oz (100 g) cherry tomatoes
7.05 oz (200 g) salmon filet
1 fish bouillon cube
0.5 cups (1 dl) water
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 cup (250 ml) cooking cream
10.58 oz (300 g) fettuccine pasta
0.25 bundle fresh parsley
1.76 oz (50 g) pine nuts
- Boil pasta according to box instructions.
- Find your KUMA Chef’s Knife and slice onion and garlic to fine pieces.
- Cut the ends off the asparagus and cut asparagus into smaller pieces.
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in halves.
- Heat up a pan with no grease. Add the pine nuts to the pan and turn them frequently to prevent them from burning. Wait until they’ve gotten a nice color and then remove them from the pan and put aside.
- Put the pan back on the heat and add some butter or oil. Add garlic and onion to the pan and sauté until soft.
- Add water, cooking cream and crumble in the bouillon.Let it all simmer for 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
- While simmering you can now prepare the salmon. Spice it with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a pan with oil or butter and add the salmon to the pan (skin side down). Fry it for 3-5 minutes per side on medium heat. When white stuff starts coming out from the sides of the salmon it’s finished. Remove the pan from the heat and put the salmon aside.
- Drain pasta but make sure to save a few tablespoons of pasta water as that’s great for extra flavor, creaminess and as a thickening agent.
- Add pasta, cherry tomatoes and asparagus to the pan with the sauce. Add a bit of the pasta water as well.
- Taste the sauce with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Grab your KUMA knife and slice parsley to fine pieces.
- Serve your pasta with the fried salmon filets, roasted pine nuts, and fresh parsley on top. Enjoy!
Recipe for pasta dish with salmon, asparagus and roasted pine nuts
Recipe for a wonderful and creamy pasta with salmon, asparagus, roasted pine nuts all in a lovely sauce. This is healthy and delicious dinner that can be finished in half an hour.
Pasta with salmon is always a great combination and you can make so many vastly different meals with these two ingredients and just a small handful of other ingredients.
Can I use something else instead of pine nuts?
You can easily exclude the pine nuts if you want. They can be quite expensive so we also decide to skip them sometimes. They just give such an amazing texture and nutty taste that we love using them, BUT luckily there is are great alternatives available! You can replace them with chopped and roasted almonds or haslenuts as these will also provide that delicious nutty twist to the recipe.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!