Prep time: 15 minutes — Cook time: 30 minutes — Total time: 45 minutes — Serving: 1 pie
Easy and delicious recipe for a pie with feta cheese, ham, and leeks. This is a tasty pie that works for lunch, dinner, tapas, or brunch - and it takes just 45 minutes to make.
7.05 oz (200 g) flour
3.9 oz (110 g) butter
0.5 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons water
0.42 cups (1 dl) cooking cream
5.3 oz (150 g) diced ham
1.76 oz (50 g) feta cheese
- Find your KUMA knife and cut butter into small cubes.
- Mix all the pie crust ingredients except for water in a bowl. Start kneading the dough with your hands.
- Add water little by little and keep kneading until the dough is smooth and combined. You may need to use a little more water - what’s important is that you end up with a combined dough.
- Put the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- After at least 30 minutes, sprinkle some flour out on your table, place your dough, and start rolling it out. Then place it in a pie dish.
- Cut away any excess dough with your KUMA Paring Knife. Then poke holes in the bottom with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 360 F (180 C) and pre-bake the pie bottom for 10 minutes.
- While the bottom is baking it’s time to prepare the filling.
- Grab your KUMA knife and cut the leek to quarter inch pieces. Wash the leek slices after you’ve cut them as it’s much easier to wash off any dirt after they’ve been cut. Dry them well after washing them.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add cream, salt and pepper. If you are feeling frisky you can add some chili, garlic or paprika to the egg mixture. Beat and mix well so you get a consistent mixture.
- When the pie bottom has been pre-baked, remove it from the oven and evenly add leeks and ham across the bottom. Then evenly pour over the egg mixture and finally crumble over the feta cheese.
- Bake pie in the oven for 15-18 minutes until it’s light golden and the egg mixture if firm.
- Remove pie from oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy - this one is so good!
Easy recipe for amazing pie with ham and feta cheese
Here you get a simple and delicious recipe for a ham, feta and leek pie. It’s a mild but very tasty pie that you can use for lunch as well as dinner. The bottom is a classic shortcrust pastry but you can also make a wholegrain if that’s more of your preference.
You can choose to serve the pie for dinner with a delicious side, such as a tomato salad or a Caesar salad, for example. A creamy potato salad also goes nicely with this pie. We love pie for dinner as it’s so quick and easy to make, it tastes good, and they are great for emptying out the fridge as you can easily use lots of different veggies and types of meat.
Feta cheese and ham
The combination of feta cheese and ham is absolutely amazing in a pie. Throw in a sliced leek for a fresh element and you just won’t go wrong. If you want another protein than ham, though, you can easily use chicken or bacon. The leek can of course also be replaced, but we do like the fresh taste it adds.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!