Prep time: 30 minutes — Cook time: 10 minutes — Total time: 40 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for a delicious and flavor-packed creamy curry potato salad. This is the perfect side for summer dinners, barbecues, or as a side to simple things like tapas or meatballs. It is easy to make and you can easily make it the day before you need it if desired.
4.41 oz (125 g) creme fraiche
1 tablespoon mayo
0.5 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 teaspoon sweet mustard
1 teaspoon curry
1 teaspoon onion powder
0.5 teaspoon white wine vinegar
12.35 oz (350 g) potatoes
0.5 yellow onion
0.3 bundle fresh chives
- Boil potatoes and then put them aside when they’re done.
- In a bowl mix creme fraiche, mayo, powdered sugar, mustard, curry, onion powder and white wine vinegar. Stir well to make sure it’s all combined.
- Grab your trusty KUMA knife and cut onion into small fine pieces. Add them to dressing and mix. If you are making the dressing in good time, you can with success put the dressing in the fridge for a few hours to rest. If you don't have time for that, it’s just fine to proceed right away.
- With your KUMA knife cut the potatoes into small chunks. Add them to the dressing and incorporate gently.
- Garnish with fresh chives on the top. Put in fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe for potato salad with curry
A wonderful recipe for an easy yet delicious creamy potato salad with curry. It’s great for summertime dinners, as a barbecue side or simple as a side for things like chicken, meatloaf, meatballs, grilled sausages or as a tapas side. It really works perfectly with so many different meals and it requires only a few ingredients. When you have tried this recipe you will never go back to the store bought finished potato salads again.
Homemade creamy curry potato salad
This is actually a recipe we make every year. It works year round but we most often makes it in the summers. We also love our classic potato salad recipe but the addition of curry adds a beautiful extra twist. Grill up some sausages and serve with this curry potato salad and you’ll have zero regrets!
Another element that makes this potato salad recipe stand out from others is the addition of just a little bit of vinegar along with onion powder. The white wine vinegar adds a bit of acid for an extra edge and the onion powder adds more taste to the dressing in a way that you won’t achieve with just a fresh onion alone.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!