Prep time: 15 minutes -- Cook time: 20 minutes -- Total time: 35 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Another and super delicious version of the classic Caesar Salad with crispy chicken, croutons and parmesan cheese. This is the recipe for an easy, crispy and juicy salad with home made dressing and lots of cheese. YUM!
Caesar salad is a classic salad that we see on menus cards everywhere. It’s crispy, juicy, turnt in an awesome dressing and topped with parmesan cheese and crispy croutons, and it gets a nice meaty feel from the chicken. Where the classic recipe uses grilled chicken, we use a crispy chicken instead for even more crunch and flavor!
It is a simple recipe that works all days of the week, either as a side or as a full meal (just adjust the size of your potion, of course!).
When you make a salad like this one, please keep in mind it should be served immediately after making it. This is because the salad, croutons and the crispy chicken will soften if it rests for hours in the fridge. We want our crispiness here!
1.76 oz (50 g) mayo
0.5 clove garlic
0.5 teaspoon dijon mustard
1.5 tablespoon lemon juice
2.82 oz (80 g) creme fraiche
1 x iceberg salad
0.71 oz (20 g) parmesan
1.76 oz (50 g) croutons
10.58 oz (300 g) chicken breast
3.53 oz (100 g) panko breading
0.6 cups (1.5 dl) vegetable oil
- Start by making the dressing in a large bowl (the same bowl must fit the salad later).
- Finely slice garlic with your KUMA Paring Knife. Whip together mayo, salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic, dijon mustard, and creme fraiche.
- In a bowl, add panko and some salt and mix it around. In another bowl, beat an egg.
- With your KUMA knife, slice your chicken breast through the middle across the long side so that it becomes half as thick
- Dip it into the beaten egg. Then put it into panko bowl and make sure all parts of the chicken get covered.
- Add your oil to a pan and put it on medium heat.
- Add your breaded chicken into the pan and cook it until golden brown and crispy, then turn it and cook the opposite side as well. When cooked, remove from the pan and put it aside to rest a few minutes.
- Grab your KUMA Chef’s Knife and slice the iceberg salad into rough pieces.
- Add the salad to your dressing bowl and turn it thoroughly to cover as much salad in the dressing as possible.
- Grab the bowls or plates you want to use for serving and add in salad. Then grab your KUMA knife agin and slice your crispy fried chicken on a cutting board into strips. Place strips on top of plated salad and add croutons and parmesan.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!