Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 10 minutes — Total time: 20 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Recipe for a great pasta dish with crispy fried Serrano ham, turned in a delicious and creamy sauce made of egg yolks and parmesan cheese. This is great for fast dinner. The crispy Serrano ham acts like a lighter version of bacon. Yummy and few ingredient dinner in just 20 minutes!
7.05 oz (200 g) spaghetti
2.29 oz (60 g) serrano ham
2 garlic cloves
4 egg yolks
1.59 oz (45 g) parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to box instructions.
- Preheat oven to 380 F (200 C). Place Serrano ham on baking tray covered with a baking sheet. Gently rub or brush a little bit of oil over the ham. Put in the oven to cook for 7-10 minutes. It has to become crispy but be careful it doesn’t burn. When it’s done, let it cool.
- Grab your KUMA knife and slice garlic to fine pieces. Put egg yolks, parmesan, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat up a pan on low-medium heat with a bit of oil or butter. Add garlic and sauté until soft and lightly golden brown.
- Add spaghetti to the pan along with 4 tablespoons of pasta water. Mix well.
- Remove pan from heat. Add your egg mixture and stir thoroughly to combine everything as well as avoid the egg becoming too hot, which will scramble the egg (we want a smooth and creamy consistency).
- Add more pasta water to the pan if you think it’s too thick. Taste with salt and pepper and serve with crispy Serrano ham and some more fresh parmesan on top. Enjoy!
Recipe for easy spaghetti with Serrano ham in creamy sauce
Recipe for a really simple and quick pasta dish with spaghetti, crispy Serrano and a creamy sauce. The sauce is made with egg yolks, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, resembling the traditional carbonara sauce.
We have a tendency to make pasta with chicken so we made a decision to make some more pasta dishes with something other than chicken. That’s how we came up with this crispy Serrano ham dish.
It’s turned in a creamy and delicious sauce and it’s all so easy and quick to make that you can finish it in under half an hour (20 minutes to be honest)! Serrano ham goes really well in a creamy pasta like this. It acts like a lighter version of bacon when you get it all crispy. So with Serrano being a tad like bacon and the sauce being close to a traditional carbonara sauce, we see this recipe as a fun little alternative take on spaghetti carbonara. If you want to try a traditional spaghetti carbonara, we do of course have a recipe for that right here!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!