Prep time: 10 minutes -- Cook time: 15 minutes -- Total time: 25 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Simple and delicious spaghetti carbonara recipe. This is one of the best and easiest pasta dishes you can make. Here you get a classic and creamy carbonara made without cream (per the traditional Italian methods). It is made with garlic, onion, egg yolks and of course lots of pepper, cheese and bacon - what’s not to like! Make sure to use a good fresh parmesan cheese - preferably fresh (not the pre-grated kind, if possible). This is a delicious pasta dish that works for a quick everyday meal as well as a romantic weekend dinner.
7.05 oz (200 g) spaghetti
7.05 oz (200 g) diced bacon
4 egg yolks
1.41 oz (40 g) parmesan
0.5 yellow onion
2 garlic cloves
0.5 teaspoon pepper
- Grab your KUMA Chef’s Knife and finely chop your garlic and onion.
- Bring some heavily salted water to a boil in a pot and cook the spaghetti according to the box instructions.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat - no grease needed. Add your bacon and cook until crispy, then add garlic and onion.
- Grate your parmesan. Now beat the egg yolks in a bowl, add the parmesan and mix together.
- When the spaghetti is done, take 0.5 cup (1 dl) of the salted water and save it for later. Then drain the spaghetti.
- Remove your pan off the stove. Add the spaghetti and pour in the egg and parmesan mixture. It is important to do this step away from the heat and to keep stirring and mixing as you pour in the egg/parmesan (this is to avoid the egg turning into scrambled eggs).
- Now add a bit of the pasta water you saved before. Start by adding half and keep stirring until the spaghetti carbonara is combined and creamy. Feel free to add the remaining pasta water if needed (pasta water packs flavor AND it helps thicken the meal).
- Taste with salt and fresh pepper
- Serve immediately - maybe with some more freshly grated parmesan on top as garnish.