Prep time: 20 minutes -- Cook time: 35 minutes -- Total time: 55 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Enjoy this easy recipe for the most delicious and creamy chicken lasagna with spinach, curry and tomato sauce. Lasagna is one of our go-tos when we want something that’s easy to make without compromising on taste and filling. We make lasagna quite often so this creamy spinach and chicken version is a welcome alternative to the classic lasagne recipe!
7.94 oz (225 g) chicken breast
0.5 yellow onion
1.5 garlic clove
0.5 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon curry
0.5 x chicken bouillon cube
0.21 cup (0.5 dl) water
1.05 (2.5 dl) cooking cream
7.05 oz (200 g) pasta sauce
1.41 oz (40 g) fresh spinach
6 lasagna noodles
0.5 pack fresh mozzarella
- Finely dice onion and garlic with your KUMA Paring Knife.
- Grab your KUMA Chef’s Knife and slice chicken breast into thin strips.
- Warm up a pot on medium heat with oil or butter (or both for best results).
- Add your spices to the pot. They need heat to activate but stir around frequently and watch out they don’t burn.
- After a minute or two or stirring the spices, add onion and garlic to the pot and let it sauté for a few minutes.
- Add chicken to the pot. Stir around and let the chicken get some color.
- Add the pasta sauce, water and cooking cream, and then crumble in your bouillon cube.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat to low and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add spinach and stir around to incorporate it well.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Find a small oven safe bowl (we use a 6 x 12 inches bowl) and add some grease to the bottom and sides. Add a thin layer of your lasagna filling to the bottom of the bowl (make sure to spread around the chicken evenly so it’s not all placed in the same area). Then add a layer of lasagna noodles, and top that with your lasagna filling. Keep going until you’re out of sauce and noodles. We got 3 layers in our attempt.
- Heat up your oven to 390 F (200 C). Put your lasagna in when you have the right temperature.
- First let the lasagna cook for 25 minutes. Then take it out, crumble your mozzarella over the lasagna surface, and then put it back inside for another 10 minutes (or until the cheese is golden and melty).
- Remove the lasagna from oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. If you want a side, we recommend a delicious melon salad like this one.
One great thing about lasagna is how easy it is to make and it’s also a meal that’s perfect for both kids and adults. The addition of spinach in this particular recipe adds to the creamy mouthfeel and is also a great way to sneak in a little green. If you don’t like spinach and want some other vegetables in, some grated or finely diced carrots fits perfectly.
Looking to add a side?
If you want something on the side, we recommend garlic bread or perhaps this delicious melon salad. While the lasagna is in the oven, this melon salad will be quick to whip together.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!