Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 15 minutes — Total time: 25 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy and fast recipe for the best fried rice with chicken and vegetables. Fried rice is one of the best easy workday dinners that you can finish in under 30 minutes. In this recipe we share the tricks and secrets to the world’s BEST fried rice methods!
12.35 oz (350 g) chicken breast
14.11 oz (400 g) boiled rice (roughly 5 oz (140 g) raw rice)
1 yellow/white onion
3 garlic cloves
5.29 oz (150 g) carrots
1 red bell pepper
0.5 bundle spring onions
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon acacia honey
2 tablespoons fish sauce (optional but recommended)
0.71 oz (20 g) salted peanuts
0.5 bundle fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon of butter
- Keep in mind that we use boiled rice. Rice that has rested in the fridge over night are best, or at the very least if time is tight, make sure your rice have had time to cool off.
- Chop onion and garlic to fine pieces with your KUMA knife.
- Peel carrots. Slice carrots and bell pepper into thin sticks.
- Chop spring onion.
- Cut chicken into dice.
- Keep your rice in a bowl or pot and keep a separate empty bowl next to the rice. Crack one egg at a time. Drop the whites into the empty bowl and the yolk into the rice.
- When all yolks are added to the rice, add your fish sauce and soy sauce. Then stir thoroughly using a fork to ensure each grain of rice (figuratively speaking) is covered in egg and sauces.
- Heat up a pan with butter and a bit of oil (sesame oil if you have it).
- Add onion and garlic to pan and let it sauté for a few minutes.
- Add chicken and let it get colored on all sides.
- Add carrots and bell peppers. Sauté until they turn a bit soft yet still have a small crunch.
- Add the egg white and stir thoroughly so you get scrambled eggs.
- Now add rice, spring onions, and acacia honey. Mix it all well together and then leave it on the pan for a while. Always keep watch so it doesn’t burn, but you want to give the rice time to really fry and get a crispy surface.
- Taste with a bit of pepper, more soy sauce, acacia honey, and fish sauce if needed.
- Slice lime into wedges with your KUMA Paring Knife.
- Serve the world’s best fried rice topped with salted peanuts, cilantro, and a piece of lime on the side.
Recipe for fried rice with chicken
Here you get the recipe for some super easy fried rice with chicken. An easy dish that’s perfect if you have some rice leftovers. It can be hard to figure out exactly how many rice you need to cook, so we often end up with some leftovers. Never throw them away, though, because they are just perfect for fried rice! This way you avoid food waste and you get a whole new dish out of your rice. This recipe is filling, YUMMY, healthy and has a wonderful texture from the fried rice, eggs, juicy chicken, and the soft yet crunchy vegetables.
We made our fried rice with chicken breast, egg, onion, garlic, carrots, bell pepper, and spring onions. For the wet elements we use soy sauce, fish sauce, and acacia honey. The soy sauce is one of our absolute favorite umami ingredients and we add it to almost anything we cook that needs depth. It also adds salt and meanwhile the acacia honey adds sweetness. The fish sauce also adds to the umami flavor and brings a small special edge to the overall taste profile. So easy, but soooo good!
How to make the BEST fried rice in the world! 4 tricks and secrets
We LOOOOOOVE fried rice and thus we have tested and experimented a lot with how to make the best of the best fried rice. We have four secrets and tricks to share with you! (If we had to add a 5th bonus tip, fish sauce really does wonders to the overall flavor profile).
- First and foremost, never use rice that you just boiled. We like to boil our rice a day before or at least some hours ahead so they can cool off. You get a better consistency on the rice and they won’t cluster as much.
- Next, all good fried rice are made with eggs. We used to just add the entire eggs into the pan with the rice, but we found a better method! The egg white is the part that scrambles which is perfect in fried rice. But the yolk adds a deep and round flavor - almost like butter. If you add the yolks only directly into the rice and stir thoroughly, the rice will turn yellow as they soak up all that beautiful yolk flavor and buttery consistency. This is a game changer!
- We like to use a good amount of butter when we make our fried rice. Similarly to the egg yolk, the butter adds a beautiful flavor to the rice and helps fry them perfectly.
- When the rice is added to the pan, use your spatula to smoothen them out but then stop stirring for a while. Ensure they don’t burn, but you want to give them time to fry and get a crispy surface. Then you can start turning them around.
Fried rice with chicken
Fried rice are so easy and quick to make, and it’s a meal that just tastes amazing. The most time consuming part is cutting up the recipes, but when you have your great knives from KUMA handy even that becomes a breeze.
If you only have raw rice available and no time for them to cool off, this dish is by no means off limits to you. Just boil your rice and then add them to the pan - you will still end up with a delicious meal. You can also vary the vegetables used in the dish if you want. Fried rice is a great dinner for emptying out your veggie drawer. Things like peas, corn, beans, sugar snap peas, cauliflower or broccoli all go great in fried rice.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!