Wok with Duck Breast
Prep time: 30 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 50 minutes — Serving: 2 people
An easy recipe for a classic wok dish with duck breast. You can replace it with chicken or beef if you wish, but the intense flavor of duck really adds a lot. Perfect as a delicious, easy, and healthy dinner.
2 pieces of duck breast
1 red onion
5.29 oz (150 g) cauliflower
0.5 red bell pepper
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 teaspoons curry
2 teaspoons paprika
1.7 cups (400 ml) coconut milk
3.53 oz (100 g) edamame beans
5.64 oz (160 g) rice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Cook rice according to packaging instructions and set aside under lid when they’re done.
- Meanwhile, slice onion into thin wedges with your KUMA knife.
- Slice cauliflower into smaller pieces. Cut bell pepper into strips.
- Use your KUMA Paring Knife to slice a diamond shaped pattern across the duck breast.
- Season with salt/pepper.
- Place duck breasts skin side down on a cold pan and set the heat on high.
- Let them cook until the grease starts to melt and it gets a nice golden brown color. Then flip them over and fry the other side real quick - just for a sear.
- Now move the duck breasts into a baking tray lined with baking sheet or into an oven-safe casserole.
- Continue to cook them in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- If you want rosa, aim for a core temperature of 143 degrees F (62 C). If you want well done aim for 158 degrees F (70 C).
- While it cooks in the oven start preparing the wok. Heat up a wok pan with some grease and add vegetables to stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add spices and stir fry. Mix vegetables with the spices.
- Add coconut milk and frozen edamame beans and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- When duck breast is finished remove them from the oven and let them rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing them up. Use a razor sharp KUMA knife for the best result so you preserve as much juice and flavor in the meat as possible.
- Taste the vegetable wok with salt and pepper.
- Serve your boiled rice with vegetable wok and beautiful slices of duck breast.
What to cook with duck breast?
An easy and delicious recipe for wok with duck breast. It's easy and so good for dinner, especially if you're into Asian and Thai food. This is one of the basic wok recipes we always use. You can swap out the duck for chicken, beef strips or whatever you feel like. You can also just use the vegetables you want to go with a vegetarian version. In this recipe we have used cauliflower, red onions and bell peppers. You can also use carrots, squash, eggplant, sugar snap peas or regular green beans.
Serve with cooked rice or noodles for an easy and healthy dinner. Wok is one of our favorite dishes because you can use the vegetables you have. We often use carrots, onions, cabbage, bell peppers and sugar snap peas, but you can really use almost any vegetables.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!