Prep time: 10 minutes -- Cook time: 15 minutes -- Total time: 25 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for a delicious and tasty vegetarian one pot dish with chickpeas and potatoes. Healthy dinner in under half an hour. Yes please!
1 yellow onion
3 garlic cloves
7.05 oz (200) potatoes
14.1 oz (400 g) chickpeas
1.5 tablespoon dried curry
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried paprika
1 vegetable bouillon cube
14.1 oz (400 g) coconut milk
7.05 oz (200 g) rice
7.05 oz (200 g) canned diced tomato
- Find your trusty KUMA knife and finely chop onion and garlic.
- Peel potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Drain your chickpeas and rinse them.
- Heat up a pot with 2-3 tablespoons butter or oil.
- Add garlic and onion and let it sauté for a few minutes.
- Then add potatoes, drained chickpeas, and spices.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, and crumble in your bouillon cube. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Let it simmer until potatoes are soft and sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile boil your rice according to box instructions.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with boiled rice and eventually some fresh parsley on top.
This is the most yummy and hearty chickpea one pot dish with potatoes. Great for when you want to have a vegetarian dinner. It’s tasty and high in protein, and it is very filling as well.
So there you go - a delicious, healthy, and filling vegetarian dinner that you can make in just half an hour.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!