Healthy Eggplant Lasagna with Homemade Mascarpone-Spinach Creme
Prep time: 20 minutes — Cook time: 40 minutes — Total time: 60 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Amazing recipe for a delicious and flavor-packed eggplant lasagna with tomato sauce, mascarpone, spinach, and cheese. The best vegetarian lasagna you can make.
3.53 oz (100 g) fresh spinach
4.41 oz (125 g) mascarpone
1.5 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon dried basil
0.5 tablespoon sugar
14.11 oz (400 g) chopped tomatoes, canned
0.5 tablespoon balsamico
6 lasagna sheets
0.5 pack fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Grab your favorite KUMA kitchen knife and cut off both ends of the eggplant. Then slice the entire eggplant into discs.
- Even out the discs on a baking tray lined with baking sheet. Brush them with a bit of oil and add some salt and pepper.
- Bake them in the oven for 6-10 minutes while you prepare the following steps.
- Slice onion and garlic into fine pieces and set aside.
- Heat up a pan with some grease.
- First add spinach to the pan and sauté until it kind of falls together. Then move it over into a bowl to cool off.
- Dry your pan if it’s too watery, add some more grease, and then add garlic and onion to sauté until it turns soft.
- Add basil, sugar, chopped tomatoes, balsamico, and salt/pepper. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- When eggplant is done baking remove it from the oven.
- Now take your spinach and squeeze it to remove as much water as possible. Then chop it into fine pieces with your KUMA knife.
- Mix it with mascarpone and some salt and pepper.
- Add a bit of oil to a small lasagna casserole and then add a thin layer of your tomato sauce across the bottom. Then add 2 lasagna sheets.
- Add another layer of tomato sauce. Then add your mascarpone-spinach creme across and use a fork to even it out a bit.
- Now add your eggplant discs on top of the mascarpone-spinach creme, and add another layer of lasagna sheets on top of them.
- Repeat this process until you are out of ingredients and then finally top off by crumbling your fresh mozzarella across the top.
- Bake the lasagna for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove lasagna when it’s done cooking and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Healthy dinner recipe for vegetarian lasagna
The most delicious and easy eggplant lasagna with discs of eggplant, homemade mascarpone-spinach creme, and spinach. This is such a lovely vegetarian meal with lots of flavor. We like taking a few meat-free days during the week. It’s great for the budget and for the climate, but the trick is to find vegetarian recipes that taste so great that you won’t miss the meat. This healthy lasagna is one of those recipes as it doesn’t compromise with flavor or texture whatsoever!
The lasagna is made with discs of eggplant sliced smoothly with our KUMA Chef’s Knife. These are added as layers in between our homemade tomato sauce, homemade mascarpone-spinach creme, and lasagna sheets. Finally we top off with fresh mozzarella cheese. It is simple and makes for an extremely tasty vegetarian dinner!
Easy vegetarian dinner recipe with eggplant
Eggplant is actually pretty great in a lasagna. We like slicing it into discs and then we bake it for a short while to remove the water from it. Then we just add it in between the layers in our lasagna. As it bakes with your lasagna it absorbs the flavors from the other ingredients. It’s a really underrated vegetable if you ask us! While it plays a central role in this vegetarian recipe, you could also add it in your classic beef lasagna or chicken lasagna if you like this approach and want more vegetables in your lasagna.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!