Dinner Pasta Salad with Tortellini, Chicken and Spinach
Prep time: 5 min — Cook time: 15 minutes — Total time: 20 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy and delicious recipe for a tortelinni pasta salad with chicken, pesto, and vegetables. A yummy and fulfilling dinner pasta salad with lots of flavor that you can make in just 20 minutes.
10.58 oz (300 g) chicken breast
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
8.82 oz (250 g) tortellini pasta with filling of spinach and ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons green pesto
1.41 oz (40 g) fresh spinach
0.5 red bell pepper
0.25 bundle spring onions
- Trim chicken from any parts you don’t want to eat using your razor sharp KUMA kitchen knife. Then slice chicken into thin filets and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a pan with some grease in it and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Put aside to cool off.
- Cook tortellini in generously salted water according to packaging instructions. Drain the water when it’s done.
- Now mix the cooked tortellini with pesto. Feel free to add a bit more pesto if you want.
- Wash spinach. Clean your KUMA knife with a soapy sponge and then cut bell pepper and spring onion into small dice.
- Slice bell pepper and spring onion into smaller pieces, and slice chicken into strips.
- Mix all ingredients together and serve your pasta salad on plates.
- Eat right away. Enjoy!
Delicious recipe for tortellini pasta salad with chicken and pasta
The most amazing tortellini salad with chicken, pesto, and lots of veggies. If you want a pasta salad that’s different from the usual and is more a complete meal than it is a side dish, you’ve come to the right place! Adding tortellini really makes this pasta salad different from the usual. We have chosen to use ricotta and spinach tortellinis as we just generally prefer the flavor of those, but you can also opt in for some of the meat based tortellinis if you wish.
Easy dinner recipe that is healthy and fulfilling
This pasta salad is so yummy and filling, it’s easy to make, and it takes under half an hour from start to finish (only 20 minutes to be exact)! In other words this recipe definitely checks a lot of boxes and has even become a new go-to for us when we want a healthy dinner with lots of greens in it.
Other than tortellini we also add chicken, bell pepper, spinach, and spring onions. Last time we made this recipe we chose to serve it with a sourdough bun on the side which was yummy but actually wasn’t necessary. The pasta salad in itself is plenty fulfilling and flavorful.
Unique pasta salad with tortellini
This meal is inspired by pasta salads but it is quite different from your usual pasta salads. The tortellini makes a big difference, and we also haven’t added a lot of sauce that you usually have in pasta salads that are meant as side dishes.
If you aren’t familiar with tortellini, they are these small pasta packets with filling inside. You can get all kinds of ingredients inside such as ham and ricotta, spinach and ricotta, beef, and much more. We really like the spinach and ricotta combination as it is mild in flavor and has a creamy texture. It usually goes perfectly with whatever other ingredients we add to the meal we are cooking.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!