Prep time: 10 minutes -- Cook time: 15 minutes -- Total time: 25 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Enjoy this easy and delicious recipe for teriyaki chicken with rice and topped off with broccoli, sesame seeds and spring onions. This is quick, easy and yummy dinner in under 30 minutes!
Teriyaki chicken is a really tasty and easy asian meal with a lot of flavor. The chicken gets marinated in teriyaki, different chili sauces, garlic and ginger. So much bang for the buck in this recipe!
By now you may have noticed that we love chicken breast! It's a great piece of meat that's tender, healthy, juicy, easy to cook with and can be used in a ton of different recipes. Add a marinade like the one in this recipe and you're golden!
If you're not too into the steamed broccoli you can easily use some other veggies instead. Carrot strips go well in a meal like this.
14.11 oz (400 g) chicken breast
4 tablespoon teriyaki
4 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
0.5 tablespoon brown sugar
4 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon fresh ginger
5.64 oz (160 g) rice
0.25 bundle spring onion
0.35 oz (10 g) sesame seeds
1 fresh lime
- Grab your KUMA Chef’s Knife and cut the chicken breast into dices or strips based on your preference.
- Cut broccoli into small “branches".
- Finely slice the garlic. Then grab your KUMA Paring Knife and peel the ginger before cutting it into fine dices.
- Mix teriyaki, sweet chili sauce, hot chili sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger in a large bowl. Stir thoroughly to mix everything well into a delicious marinade.
- Remove half of the marinade from your bowl into a separate bowl.
- Put the chicken into one of your marinade bowls and mix it so it’s completely covered.
- Cook your rice according to box instructions.
- Heat up a pan with some oil on medium heat and add your chicken. Let the chicken cook it gets a nice color everywhere.
- Add the other half of your marinade and turn down the heat to a low.
- Grab a pot, add water and a bit of salt. Bring to a boil and then add the broccoli. Let it cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour out the water.
- Find your KUMA Paring Knife and slice the fresh lime into boat shaped slices. Finely chop your spring onion.
- Serve the cooked rice with your teriyaki chicken and sauce, and then top with broccoli, spring onion, sesame seeds and a lime slice on the side.