Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
A delicious recipe for the Middle Eastern salad, Tabbouleh. This is a tasty salad with pearl spelt that works great as a side dish and can be served all year around. A love salad that takes just half an hour to make.
4.41 oz (125 g) pearl spelt
0.3 x cucumber
2.65 oz (75 g) cherry tomatoes
0.5 red onion
1.5 tablespoon olive olie
0.3 bundle fresh parsley
- Cook pearl spelt after packaging instructions. When done, drain from water and put aside to cool down.
- Grab your favorite KUMA knife and slice cucumber into smaller pieces. Cut cherry tomatoes into halves. Peel red onion and cut into thin slices.
- Mix cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and pearl spelt in a bowl.
- Now add lemon juice, olive oil, freshly ground pepper, and salt. Mix well.
- Finally chop parsley into fine pieces and mix it into the salad.
- Taste with salt, pepper, or lemon if needed.
- Serve immediately or put into the fridge until ready to eat.
Recipe for tabouleh (aka tabouli or tabbūla) with pearl spelt
Here you get the recipe for an easy and delicious wholegrain salad known as Tabbouleh. It is made with pearl spelt. This is a salad from the Middle East and traditionally is made with couscous or bulgur along with mixed fresh herbs, lemon, and olive oil. Our version is made with pearl spelt instead. We love the original version, but this is a nice alternative that adds a bit more texture to the salad. This salad is great not only because it tastes amazing, but it’s also great for your health and you can make it in just 30 minutes.
What can I Tabbouleh with?
You can eat tabbouleh as a side for dinner or as your lunch box. It goes wonderfully with veal culotte, lamb chops, chicken, or with some beef tenderloin. We also like to make it as a stand-alone meal where we’ll add falafels or small pieces or marinated chicken in it with lots of spices. This tastes amazing, it’s super healthy, and it is very filling, too.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!