Prep time: 40 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 60 minutes — Serving: 12 pieces
Easy recipe for delicious and flavorful Veggieballs; a vegetarian version of meatballs. This is one of our best vegetarian recipes with lots of flavor and juice. They are so simple to make and require only a few ingredients.
2.47 oz (70 g) bread crumbs
1.41 oz (40 g) oats
1 yellow/white onion
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut them into dice using your favorite kitchen knife from KUMA. Put them into a pot with just enough water to cover them.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat. Boil until soft, then drain water and let them cool off a bit.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a bowl and mash them with a fork or using a hand blender. Combine the mash with eggs.
- Slice onion and garlic into fine pieces. Add onion, garlic, oats, and bread crumbs into the mash mixture and stir to combine. Finally add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes. If it seems too dry after 5 minutes, add another egg.
- Form 12 veggieballs and place them on a plate or piece of baking paper until ready to fry.
- Heat up a pan with a generous amount of olive oil.
- Place your veggieballs on the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown. Make sure you don’t overcrowd the pan when cooking them.
- Remove from pan as they finish and let them rest for a few minutes before serving them.
Recipe for Veggieballs made with sweet potatoes
Easy recipe for delicious and juicy vegetarian “meatballs” made of sweet potatoes. A delicious and meatless alternative version of the traditional Frikadeller meatballs. This is one of our favorite vegetarian meals to cook and they go great with a nice salad or other side dish.
Sweet Potato Veggieballs are filling and perfect as a dinner or in the lunchbox the following day if you have leftovers. If you’re looking for inspiration to meatless / vegetarian dinners, definitely give this recipe a try!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!