Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 30 minutes — Total time: 40 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy 5-ingredient recipe for a healthy salad with baked sweet potatoes, pomegranate and and feta cheese. Perfect side dish that is different from the usual side and it takes just over half an hour to make.
14.11 oz (400 g) sweet potatoes
0.88 oz (25 g) fresh spinach
0.5 x pomegranate
1.76 oz (50 g) feta cheese
0.88 oz (25 g) pumpkin seeds
Olive oil (vegetable oil is fine if you don’t have olive)
- Preheat oven to 355 F (180 C).
- Peel sweet potato and cut into 0.5 inch dice with your favorite KUMA kitchen knife.
- Add them to a baking tray or oven safe casserole. Then pour some oil, salt, and pepper over them.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes, but move them around a bit after 20 minutes so they don’t get all the heat on the same side and burn.
- Test if they’re done by poking a fork in them. If they’re still too hard give them a few minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let them cool off a bit.
- Wash spinach and place into the bowl you wish to serve your salad in.
- Remove the seeds from your pomegranate into the same bowl.
- Now add sweet potatoes into the bowl along with crumbled feta cheese and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve immediately or put in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
Recipe for an easy salad with sweet potatoes and pomegranate
A delicious and simple recipe for a salad with baked sweet potatoes, pomegranate, pumpkin seeds, and feta cheese. This is a really, really good salad that works as the perfect side dish for almost any main course. It goes great with chicken, beef tenderloin, pork, fish - pretty much anything. It also works great as a full lunch salad.
Sweet potatoes or white potatoes?
Sweet potatoes are so great in a salad. If you want a salad with white potatoes, the salad will almost always require some sort of dressing to bind the entire dish together and so it doesn’t get dry. Sweet potatoes are very different in that manner and they can hold their own without a sauce or dressing They are a little bit creamy and they add sweetness to the salad - plus they are quite filling. Top the salad off with some crumbled feta and pumpkin seeds and you have a wonderful and easy salad.
Have you had sweet potato before?
We actually meet many people who never had sweet potato before. That’s one reason we list a couple of our favorite sweet potato recipes in the section below this one. In our opinion sweet potatoes are sort of an underrated / overseen vegetable. You almost always see recipes with regular potatoes, and we do love those. But sweet potatoes are great in so many different things, such as this salad recipe. When you bake it in small dice it really emphasizes the sweet flavor which compliments the salty feta and crispy, juicy pomegranate seeds perfectly.
How to eat sweet potatoes?
We all use white potatoes so often that it can be difficult to find out what to cook with sweet potatoes. We have recently tried to answer that question with various sweet potato recipes on our website such as our Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Mexican Filling or the most amazing African Casserole with Sweet Potato and Chicken recipe. This Sweet Potato Salad is our latest addition to recipes using sweet potatoes, and it is just the perfect side dish.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!