Prep time: 20 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 40 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy and delicious recipe for homemade chicken in sweet and sour sauce. Just like you know it from your favorite China box. Let's make some easy and delicious homemade Panda Express!
10.58 oz (300 g) chicken breast
1 red bell pepper
4.06 oz (115 g) baby corn, canned på dåse
3.53 oz (100 g) pineapple rings, canned
Sweet and Sour Sauce
0.34 cups (0.8 dl) pineapple juice (from the canned pineapple)
1.5 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
0.5 tablespoon vinegar
0.5 teaspoon tomato purée
0.5 tablespoon soy sauce
1.5 tablespoon water
0.5 tablespoon corn starch
7.05 oz (200 g) rice
0.3 bundle spring onions
- Boil rice after box instructions.
- Mix all ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce in a bowl (you get the pineapple juice from the can with pineapple rings).
- Grab your KUMA Chef’s Knife or KUMA Santoku and slice the chicken into rough cubes.
- Heat up a wok or a pan with a bit of grease. Cook chicken and add some salt.
- In the meantime grab your KUMA favorite kitchen knife again and slice bell pepper, baby corn, carrots and pineapple into cubes.
- Add vegetables to the wok/pan and fry briefly.
- Now add your homemade sweet and sour sauce over the wok/pan and let it all simmer for 10 minutes. Make sure to stir thoroughly.
- Taste with salt and perhaps a little bit of sugar if necessary.
Recipe for chicken in sweet and sour sauce
Here you get the recipe for a super easy chicken in sweet and sour sauce with rice. Now you can finally make your very own version of the delicious sweet and sour chicken that you always see at very Chinese takeout places. It’s really not difficult to make and it tastes great. You can use almost any vegetables you’d like. In this recipe we’ve chosen to go with bell pepper, baby corn, and carrots. It’s just a combination we really like!
Chicken in sweet and sour sauce is the perfect everyday meal after a busy workday. It’s simple and fast to make, and once you’ve first introduced it I am almost certain it will become a go-to recipe. Especially if you love Chinese food.
Can I make it with something other than chicken?
Yes, you definitely can. This dish is also great with strips of beef, ground pork, thin sliced pork tenderloin or even some nice big shrimp. You can view this recipe as an amazing basis for a rice with sweet and sour sauce, and then you can change it up with almost any type of protein or vegetable that you want. Even as a vegetarian dish it works wonderfully. That’s a lot of bang for the buck! Awesome recipe, isn’t it?!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!