Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
A really delicious and easy recipe for stuffed pork chops with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and mozzarella. Served with a creamy mash made of potatoes and carrots. This is healthy and delicious dinner that is affordable and takes just half an hour to make.
14.11 oz (400 g) carrots
14.11 oz (400 g) potatoes
0.5 vegetable bouillon cube
Stuffed Pork Chops
8.82 oz (250 g) pork chops
0.5 fresh mozzarella
1.06 oz (30 g) spinach
1.06 oz (30 g) sun dried tomatoes
1 garlic cloves
0.3 bundle fresh parsley
- Peel potatoes and carrots. Use your favorite kitchen knife from KUMA to slice them into small cubes and put them in a pot with the vegetable bouillon. Add water until vegetables are covered and bring to a boil. Let it boil for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice the pork chops 3/4 through to create a pocket - think of a pita bread. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash spinach. Slice mozzarella with your KUMA Paring Knife and drain the sun dried tomatoes. Slice garlic into small pieces.
- Inside the pork chops place a handful of spinach leaves followed by a slice of mozzarella, some garlic, and some sun dried tomatoes.
- Heat up a pan with a little grease. Cook pork chops for 3-4 minutes per side on medium-high heat.
- Let the pork chops rest a bit after they’re done cooking.
- When carrots and potatoes are tender drain the water into a separate bowl.
- Use a blender to blend the carrots and potatoes into a mash and gradually add a bit of the water you just put aside until you get your desired consistency.
- Plate with your mash in the bottom, place your stuffed pork chop on top and finally garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Stuffed pork chops with carrot-potato mash
Stuffed pork chops with carrots and potatoes in a mash have become a favorite of ours. It is an easy and healthy dinner with lots of flavor and just a few ingredients required. It can be made in just 30 minutes and you can use either regular center cut pork chops or rib cut porkchops. This meal is also a great way to eat some vegetables and the carrots/potatoes mash is the perfect side dish.
Pork chops are awesome for dinner when you need something simple and quick. They don’t require a long prep time and just need 4-5 minutes on the pan or grill. We have chosen to make ours on a bed of a delicious and creamy potato-carrot mash. This is a great side for the pork chops but you can also choose to serve with baked potatoes, pasta, or a good salad instead.
A good side dish could for example be:
- Pasta Salad with Green Pesto
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
- Tomato Salad with Parmesan & Pine Nuts
- Easy Green Bean Salad with Feta
Is this dinner recipe good for guests?
This is a simple and easy dinner recipe for just 1 or 2 people etc. on a standard workday evening but it is also great for when you have guests over. It’s an amazing recipe for when you have company over because you can prepare a lot of it ahead of time. You can easily peel and dice the veggies and leave them in the pot so they just need water and a boil. Likewise you can slice open the pork chops and insert all the stuffing before putting the pork chops back in the fridge for when you need to cook them. This way you will just need to boil and blend the veggies as well as fry up the pork chops.
Recipes with pork chop
When you first think about pock chop recipes you may initially think of the classic baking dish pork chops. Or maybe a plain pork chop with a bit of seasoning fried on the pan or grilled on the bbq. We have had that so many times so that’s why we wanted to offer some new pork chop recipes that are different from the ones you already know.
This train of thought turned into these amazing filled pork chops with spinach, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella cheese. The stuffing can vary as you see fit. You could also add some fresh parsley or cheddar cheese inside. This type of stuffing adds a lot to the overall flavor while also making the pork chop juicy and delicious. This is healthy and easy dinner that just tastes amazing. One of the by far best recipes for a healthy dinner with pork chops.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!