Steak Pasta with Spinach and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Prep time: 15 minutes — Cook time: 2 minutes — Total time: 35 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for a creamy steak pasta with beef, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes in a cream sauce. A really good and delicious pasta dish with flank steak. Amazing beef pasta dinner in just half an hour.
12.35 oz (350 g) flank steak
1 white/yellow onion
3 garlic cloves
2.65 oz (75 g) sun dried tomatoes
5.29 oz (150 g) mushrooms
1.06 cups (2.5 dl) cooking cream
1 vegetable bouillon cube
2.65 oz (75 g) fresh spinach
0.5 bundle fresh basil
1.41 oz (40 g) parmesan
7.76 oz (220 g) penne pasta
- Season flank steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Chop garlic, onion, leek, and sun dried tomato into fine pieces with your sharp KUMA knife of choice. Cut mushroom into slices. Wash spinach.
- Grease a pan with some of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes and heat it up.
- Cook the flank steak for about 5-7 minutes per side depending on steak size and how cooked you prefer your steak.
- Remove steak onto a plate and let it rest while you prepare the rest.
- Cook pasta after packaging instructions. When it’s done, save a bit of the pasta water for later.
- Heat up the pan again with some more of the sun dried tomato oil.
- Add garlic, onion, leek, and sun dried tomato and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until soft.
- Add spinach but save a little bit for garnish in the end). Add cream and crumble in your bouillon cube.
- Let it all simmer on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, chop basil finely and grate parmesan cheese.
- Drain your pasta when they’re cooked but add a few tablespoons of the pasta water to the pan.
- Add pasta, basil, and parmesan to the pan and mix well. If the dish needs to be more saucy and creamy, add a bit more pasta water and stir well.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Grab your favorite KUMA kitchen knife and cut your steak into thin slices.
- Turn them in the pasta dish so they get mixed and drenched in the sauce.
- Serve immediately and garnish with some more fresh spinach and parmesan cheese on top.
What’s a great a pasta for when I have company over?
Here is an amazing recipe for when you have guests coming over for dinner. Pasta with beef, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes - it is as delicious as it is simple. Everything is tossed in a creamy and delicious sauce and topped with fresh basil and parmesan cheese. If you want to make a real special pasta with beef, this is the one for you, and it will undoubtedly be well received by your guests! It's a great dish if you want to make something extra special for dinner - whether on a busy week night or a special weekend menu.
The pasta dish consists of flank steak, onion, garlic, leek, mushrooms, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh basil. In a recipe like this these vegetables are really used to their full potential. We love when you can combine a creamy and delicious pasta dish with lots of vegetables and they all benefit the overall flavor and structure of the dish. Serve it with some good ciabatta bread or sourdough bread, and you have a sure winner.
Pasta with vegetables
As mentioned, it is a really good and easy pasta dish where we have used nice vegetables. You can also easily add more vegetables or replace some of them. It could be zucchini, bell peppers, small cherry tomatoes, beans, or almost anything you have in your vegetable drawer.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!