Healthy Spinach Waffles with Chicken, Avocado, and Pickled Onion
Prep time: 30 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 50 minutes — Serving: 2 people (4 pieces)
Easy and delicious recipe for healthy spinach waffles with chicken, homemade pesto, avocados, pickled red onions, and more! Easy and YUMMY dinner that is filling and good for your health.
3.53 oz (100 g) fresh spinach
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
0.85 cups (2 dl) milk
6.53 oz (185 g) flour
1 teaspoon salt
1.06 oz (30 g) fresh spinach
12.35 oz (350 g) chicken breast
1.41 oz (40 g) pickled red onions
0.5 bundle spring onions
1 bundle fresh parsley
1 garlic clove
0.5 teaspoon salt
0.63 cups (1.5 dl) vegetable oil
Waffle iron / Waffle maker
- Blend spinach, egg, and milk in a blender or in a bowl using a hand blender.
- Now we turn it into a waffle dough. Add baking powder, flour, and salt and blend again. If the dough is too thick, add a bit more milk. If it is too thin, add a bit more flour. Blend again to combine.
- Add the dough into a waffle maker that’s been greased with oil or butter.
- In the meantime let’s cook the chicken. Grab your favorite KUMA kitchen knife and trim off any parts you may not want to eat.
- Heat up a pan with some oil or butter. Cook chicken breasts for about 4 minutes per side depending on thickness. Season with salt and pepper and let it rest.
- Now we make the parsley pesto / dressing. Blend parsley, oil, salt, and garlic.
- When your chicken has had time to rest, grab your KUMA knife again and cut it into slices.
- Serve your warm spinach waffles with chicken breast slices, avocado slices, pickled red onion, spring onions, and finally top with homemade pesto.
Recipe for healthy spinach waffles with chicken and pesto
The most delicious and easy spinach waffles with chicken slices, homemade parsley pesto, avocado, and pickled red onion. We love spinach waffles with topping! They are so easy to make and you can top with anything you desire. For this particular recipe we’ve chosen chicken breast, pickled onion, greens, and a homemade dressing made of oil, garlic, and parsley.
Make dinner fun with waffles
This dish can be enjoyed for dinner or as a healthy lunch. It’s also one of those meals that’s fun to make and to eat with others as you can turn it into this kind of build-your-own type of thing where your guests assemble their own waffle with toppings.
Dinner waffles are a great idea if you want waffles for dinner. We like to add spinach to add some vegetables and also make them appear more like food and less like a dessert type of thing.
Healthy waffles with toppings
What we love about dinner waffles with spinach is that they are so easy to make and are quite filling. You can also make them in all kinds of different versions depending on your toppings of choice. We sometimes make them with tuna salad which tastes really good. We like blending some spinach directly into the waffle dough as this is an amazing way to sneak in some vegetables that doesn’t really change that taste that much. Then you can even add some more fresh spinach or other greens on top as garnish before serving, so it really is a meal that can carry a lot of greens without turning boring. It is on the contrary quite fun and exciting food, and it’s something different you don’t see that often.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!