Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 15 minutes — Total time: 25 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for spaghetti carbonára with cream. Pasta carbonara is one of our absolute favorite meals and it is so easy and quick to make. It also needs very few ingredients. Grate lots of fresh parmesan on top and you have a wonderful, simple dinner in under half an hour.
7.05 oz (200 g) bacon dice
1 white/yellow onion
1 garlic clove
1.76 cups (2.5 dl) cooking cream
1.06 oz (30 g) parmesan cheese
10.58 oz (300 g) spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti in generously salted water after packaging instructions.
- Grab your favorite KUMA kitchen knife and slice onion and garlic to fine pieces. Then fry bacon until crispy in a pot.
- Remove crispy bacon into a separate bowl but let the grease stay in the pot.
- Sauté onion and garlic in the bacon grease until soft.
- Add cream, grated parmesan, salt, pepper, and crispy bacon (save a little bacon as garnish for later).
- Stir well and let it all become warm.
- Now remove pot from the heat and wait until the contents have cooled off a little bit.
- Meanwhile beat eggs in a bowl. Then pour into the pot and be quick to stir. We don’t want your eggs to become too hot or they will scramble, and what we are looking for is a smooth, creamy sauce.
- Add a 1-2 tablespoons of pasta water into your sauce and stir thoroughly. Then add spaghetti into sauce, mix, and leave it to rest for 5 minutes. This way you get a much creamier pasta.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan and crispy bacon bits on top.
Recipe for spaghetti carbonara with cream
When we need ideas for easy dinner, we love Italian pastas. They are often super simply, require just a few ingredients, and they taste amazing. This Spaghetti Carbonara with cream is such a delicious dinner and you can make it in under 30 minutes!
Here you get our version of a delicious spaghetti carbonara recipe - one of the most delicious Italian delicacies. We have been to Italy a few times and most recently went to Rome, which is such a wonderful city. There is this special and almost magical calm atmosphere when you walk through the small and quiet local streets to find a little restaurant with good, authentic Italian food. We always associate spaghetti carbonara with a true “holiday meal” as it is always a widely recognized dish that’s easy to find on the menu card in different countries. It’s a lovely meal that we are pretty much always in the mood for.
Can I make carbonara without cream?
Yes, an original Carbonara is made without cream. Traditionally, the sauce then consists of a good amount of egg and cheese combined. Many outside of Italy like to add cream to their carbonaras. The two versions of the dish turn out quite different but are both amazing in their own ways. If you want an Authentic Italian Spaghetti Carbonara, we have a great recipe right here.
Where does Spaghetti Carbonara originate from?
Carbonara is an Italian pasta dish which consist of crispy bacon (originally pancetta), spaghetti, egg yolks and parmesan (originally Pecorino Romano).
What wine is good for Carbonara?
This recipe is a bit heavy and fatty. For white wine like to serve a cold chardonnay or a pinot grigio. If you prefer red wine, we like something fruity with a touch of acidity.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!