Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 40 minutes — Total time: 50 minutes — Serving: 2 people
The best recipe for a creamy risotto with Serrano wrapped chicken baked in the oven. Risotto is awesome for dinner. It only requires a few ingredients and it is one of those meals that work perfectly both on a busy weekday or as a romantic weekend dinner.
1 yellow onion
3 garlic clove
5.3 oz (150 g) risotto rice
5.3 oz (150 g) mushrooms
2.11 cups (5 dl) water
1 chicken bouillon cube
0.42 cups (1 dl) white wine
2.12 oz (60 g) parmesan
0.9 oz (25 g) butter
15.87 oz (450 g) chicken breast
2.82 oz (80 g) Serrano ham
- Preheat your oven to 390 F (200 C). Wrap chicken breast in Serrano.
- Place the chicken in an ovne-safe casserole and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile let’s make the risotto.
- Boil water and dissolve bouillon cube in it.
- Grab your favorite KUMA knife and slice onion and garlic to fine pieces. Clean mushrooms and cut into small pieces as well.
- Heat up a bit of oil in a pot. Then add onion and garlic to sauté for a few minutes.
- Now add mushrooms and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add risotto rice and stir around thoroughly so the rice can draw flavor from the onion, garlic and mushroom.
- Add white wine and let it simmer until the alcohol evaporates. Stir around meanwhile.
- Now add 0.4 cups (1 dl) of bouillon water at a time while stirring. When the rice has soaked up the liquid, add 0.4 cups (1 dl) more of the bouillon water. Continue this way until all the bouillon water has been added.
- Finally grate the parmesan cheese finely and add it into your risotto along with the butter. Stir thoroughly and then taste with salt and pepper, but be cautious with the salt as the parmesan already contains a lot of salt.
- Remove risotto from the heat and serve along with the Serrano wrapped chicken filets.
- Top with a bit more black pepper and parmesan.
Recipe for creamy risotto with baked chicken breast wrapped in Serrano ham
Here you get a recipe for a lovely and creamy risotto with chicken breast wrapped in Serrano. This is one of our favorite recipes for homemade risotto. It’s the perfect meal for a weekday dinner as well as a cozy weekend dinner.
We are huge fans of risotto. It is Italian food when it is best. It is also one of those Italian dishes with few and simple ingredients that transform into a huge flavor explosion as it both has texture and taste. It’s one of our go-to recipes when we don’t have any ideas what to make for dinner, so it’s always a sure winner. Serve it with fresh parmesan cheese and you’ll almost think you’re dining in a local restaurant in Italy.
Mushroom risotto with chicken
This is a super delicious and easy recipe for mushroom risotto with chicken baked in the oven. The chicken has been wrapped in Serrano ham and while it is taking care of itself getting baked in the oven, you have the time to prepare the risotto. That’s why it’s so easy to make. We love when you can combine multiple elements to a dinner without making it more time consuming. It’s all about making it as easy on yourself as possible.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!