Vegetarian Vodka Pasta Dinner Recipe with Creamy Tomato Sauce
Easy and delicious recipe for rigatoni alla vodka, also known as vodka pasta. This is a simple yet delicious pasta without meat in a creamy tomato sauce that's full of unique and rich flavor.
2 garlic cloves
1.06 oz (30 g) parmesan
7.05 oz (200 g) rigatoni pasta
0.42 oz (1 dl) vodka
2 tablespoons tomato purée
7.05 oz (200 g) chopped tomatoes, canned
1 teaspoon chili flakes
0.85 cups (2 dl) heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
- Chop onion and garlic into fine pieces with your favorite razor sharp KUMA kitchen knife.
- Shred parmesan finely on a grater and set aside.
- Cook pasta after packaging instructions in generously salted water.
- Heat up a pan with some grease and add onion and garlic to sauté for a few minutes until soft.
- Add vodka to the pan and let it simmer until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Add tomato purée, canned chopped tomatoes, and chili flakes. Mix well.
- Add heavy cream and butter. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes as it thickens.
- When pasta is done cooking, add 3-5 tablespoons of pasta water into your sauce and then drain the remaining water.
- Move pasta over into the sauce as mix well. Let it simmer for a while to keep thickening (the newly added pasta water will also help thicken and make it creamier).
- Add shredded parmesan but save some for garnish.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Plate in bowl and garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
The easiest recipe for rigatoni alla vodka pasta dinner
An easy and delicious recipe for the popular vodka pasta which is known for being so tasty and creamy. If you want a simple pasta for dinner, it doesn’t get much easier than this one! Not only does it look beautiful with its gorgeous color, it tastes even better despite being so incredibly simple.
Gigi Hadid Pasta?
Rigatoni Alla Vodka is not a new invention but it has gotten new life and popularity thanks to a TikTok trend that saw a lot of people making this creamy wonder. The trend was started by Gigi Hadid hence why some people also refer to this pasta as Gigi Hadid Pasta.
Maybe you don’t want to cook this because it seems strange adding vodka to it, but promise us you won’t skip this step. Despite the small amount of vodka it really adds a lot of pow to the overall flavor of the dish. It helps give the tomatoes an extra nice taste, so they don’t just taste like tomatoes but instead get an extra layer of flavor. It can be difficult to explain but the bottom line is that you end up with an incredibly yummy flavor for your pasta sauce.
Rigatoni alla vodka
We have used rigatoni pasta but you can actually use any kind of pastas you prefer. Rigatonis are good because the sauce can get inside the pasta. Penne would also be a good alternative for the same reason, or fusilli as the sauce here also tend to stick inside the spiral shape.
Vodka pasta is an easy weekday dinner that’s affordable and budget-friendly, and it isn’t time consuming at all. The only ingredient we don’t usually have at home already is heavy cream, so we thought we had to go and buy that. However, we then remembered our secret stash! A great trick in terms of heavy cream is to buy a lot of it when it’s on sale and then put it in the freezer. Heavy cream that’s been frozen can easily be used in pasta sauces, casseroles etc., so this is a great way to always have a good stash of heavy cream that doesn’t cost a fortune.
Easy and simple pasta dinner recipes
If you like easy pasta recipes that are simple to make and full of flavor, we have lots of popular recipes that you should try! We can strongly recommend our Creamy Fajita Pasta Penne recipe. If you’re feeling like a tried and true classic, definitely try this Traditional Spaghetti Carbonara recipe. Or if you love beef and spinach like we do, we have the most amazing recipe for Steak Pasta with Spinach and Sun Dried Tomatoes. That’s just a small sample of our vast library of amaaaazing pasta recipes. Simply visit our website and search for “pasta” to see the entire collection - all free for you, of course!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!