Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for a delicious and smooth potato soup with carrots and chili. Serve with crispy bacon and top off with some fresh parsley and you’re golden. Easy and healthy dinner when it’s best - and it takes just 30 minutes to make.
10.58 oz (300 g) potatoes
7.05 oz (200 g) carrot
1 yellow onion
1 teaspoon chili flakes
3 cups (7 dl) water
1 chicken bouillon cube
0.63 cups (1.5 dl) cooking cream
7.05 oz (200 g) diced bacon
0.25 bundle fresh parsley
- Peel potatoes and carrots and then grab your favorite KUMA knife and cut them in small pieces. Wash leek and peel onion and cut these into small pieces as well.
- Heat up a pot with a little grease. Then add all vegetables. Now add chili flakes and mix everything around.
- Add water and crumble in your bouillon code.
- Let everything cook until the veggies are tender and soft. This should take around 15-20 minutes.
- While it’s cooking, grab a pan and fry bacon until crispy.
- When veggies are ready, blend all the contents of the pot to a smooth paste while adding the cooking cream.
- Taste with salt and pepper, and possibly some more dried chili if you want it more spicy.
- Serve in bowls with crispy bacon and fresh parsley on top.
Recipe for easy potato carrot soup with bacon
Here you get an easy recipe for a delicious and smooth potato soup with carrots, chili and bacon. The chili and bacon takes the traditional potato soup to whole new heights. Not only is it easy to make, it’s also very quick and easy, and it’s budget friendly.
This soup makes for a great dinner. Especially on a rainy day, or simply after a long day when you’re tired and need something hearty. It is also a very filling meal.
If you want to replace the bacon, or add another protein in addition, you can also fry some Serrano ham on the pan and top the soup with that.
Potato soup doesn’t go bad by standing in the fridge for a day or two. Actually the soup will just chill and draw more flavor over time, so if you get leftovers - or just want to make the soup a day or 2 in advance - it’ll make for a great meal then. Sometimes if we make a large portion and have lots of leftovers we’ll put the soup in the freezer. It’s very easy to reheat from frozen and that way your easy dinner just became extra convenient.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!