Prep time: 20 minutes — Cook time: 30 minutes — Total time: 50 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy and delicious recipe for potato celery mash and pork tenderloin steaks in an amazing, creamy paprika sauce. We make them with lots of vegetables and fresh herbs, and did we mention the amazing paprika sauce?
9.7 oz (275 g) pork tenderloin
1.5 garlic clove
5.29 oz (150 g) carrots
0.5 red bell pepper
0.5 tablespoon dried paprika
0.71 oz (20 g) tomato purée
0.85 cups (2 dl) cooking cream
0.5 vegetable bouillon cube
Potato Celery Mash
1.1 lb (500 g) potatoes
4.41 (125 g) celery
0.53 oz (15 g) butter
1 teaspoon salt
0.42 cups (1 dl) milk
1.06 oz (30 g) Serrano ham
0.3 bundle fresh spring onion
0.3 bundle fresh parsley
- Grab your KUMA Chef’s Knife or KUMA Santoku. Clean / trim the tenderloin of any parts you don’t want to eat. Slice the tenderloin into steaks of roughly 1.5 inches. Use a meat hammer to beat the steaks. Season them with salt and pepper on both sides. Put aside.
- With your KUMA knife, slice onion and garlic into fine pieces.
- Slice carrots, bell pepper, zucchini, and leak into rough chunks.
- Peel potatoes and celery (this is easy to do with your KUMA Paring Knife). Cut them into smaller pieces. Put potatoes and celery into a pot of water which just covers the vegetables. Bring to a boil, and once boiling turn down the heat a bit. Cook until tender.
- Grease a somewhat deep pan with a little oil/butter and cook tenderloin steaks until they get some color on both sides. Remove them onto a plate.
- Add a bit more grease to your pan. Add all your rough vegetables along with onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add paprika and tomato purée. Stir well so it gets a good fry, which helps activate the flavors.
- Add cooking cream, crumbled bouillon cube, and a little bit of water if your cream is too thick.
- Put the tenderloin steaks into the sauce and let it simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- While it simmers, let’s prepare the sides.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Put Serrano ham on a baking sheet placed on a baking tray. Make sure there’s some space between each slice of ham.
- When oven is hot, put in the baking tray for 7-10 minutes until the ham gets crispy. Keep watch as all ovens are different and we don’t want to burn our beautiful Serrano. When it’s done, remove from oven to cool off, and then chop it into smaller pieces.
- Slice spring onion and parsley into fine pieces and put aside in a bowl.
- When potatoes and celery are boiled tender, drain the water and add milk, butter, and salt.
- Use a hand mixer or a potato masher to turn the contents into a mash. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve your potato and celery mash with the tenderloin steaks in paprika sauce and topped with Serrano crunch and fresh parsley and spring onions.
Recipe for tenderloin steaks in creamy sauce on a bed of potato celery mash
Here you get our recipe for delicious pork tenderloins in paprika sauce on a bed of potato celery mash. This is a recipe with many steps but it is simple and easy to cook. It is a great meal when you have guests over and want to serve them something special without spending your entire food budget all at once. These tenderloin steaks are made in a creamy paprika sauce with a lot of delicious vegetables. We’ve used zucchini, onion, garlic, bell pepper, carrots - and we’ve made a mash with potatoes and celery. We can promise you this is one delicious and tasty recipe!
The perfect meal for your guests
If you are having company over, a good simmer meal is the way to go. This recipe is easy to make, it’s awesome comfort food, and it looks and tastes wonderful. We always get top notch feedback when we’ve served this dish for other people. The bed of mashed potato and celery lays an amazing foundation before it is topped with juicy pork tenderloin steak and vegetables in our creamy and savory paprika sauce. Finally we top off with our crispy Serrano ham crunch, fresh parsley, and fresh spring onions. YUM!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!