Today we are making the elegant but easy-to-make Pork Crown Roast! Impress your family and guests with this delicious pork recipe.
10 lbs pork crown roast (14-16 ribs)
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon brown sugar
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Note: Order the crown roast at least a couple of days in advance.
1. Adjust oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine thyme, sage, rosemary, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Rub mixture all over pork.
3. Place pork in a roasting pan and bake for 2 hours, or until internal temperature reads 110 degrees F. Remove roast from oven and carefully flip it over so the rib ends are pointing out. Brush top of roast with remaining oil.
4. Increase temperature of oven to 500 degrees F. Return roast to oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
5. Remove roast from oven and tent it with aluminum foil. Allow it to rest for at least 30 minutes. Carve between bones with your KUMA Chef's Knife and serve.