Prep time: 20 minutes — Cook time: 15 minutes — Total time: 15 hours and 20 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Recipe for a crispy pizza bianco (white pizza) with mascarpone sauce, bacon and potatoes. The absolute best potato pizza which is crispy and fluffy.
7.58 oz (215 g) water
0.18 oz (5 g) yeast
0.28 oz (8 g) salt
11.11 oz (315 g) flour
2 x fresh mozzarella
7.05 oz (200 g) mascarpone
1 yellow onion
1 pack bacon strips
The day before eating
- This is a recipe that requires patience but is not a lot of work. The dough must stay in the fridge for 15-18 hours minimum but it can easily stay for up 2-3 days.
- Start by dissolving the yeast in a bowl with the required water.
- Add 3.53 oz (100 g) flour to the bowl and mix well. Add salt and then add the remaining flour little by little while stirring. They dough must not be wet and should form into a ball. Stir thoroughly.
- Cover your bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for at least 15-18 hours.
- Remove the dough from the fridge 2 hours before you need it. Remove from the bowl and kneed it gently. Split it into to equally large parts and form them into balls. Sprinkle some flour on them. Cover with a kitchen towel and leave them on the kitchen table for 2 hours to rise.
- After 2 hours, preheat oven to 530 F (275 C) or as hot as your oven can go. Put a baking tray inside so it’ll get piping hot.
- Now form your pizzas. Take one of the balls of dough and add a generous amount of flour on the table. Use your hands and fingers to form the pizza. Don’t use a rolling pin. Place each pizza dough on separate pieces of baking sheets.
- Spread mascarpone over both pizzas. Grab your favorite KUMA knife and cut potatoes and onion to super fine slices. Place them across the pizza and crumble fresh mozzarella over.
- Place bacon strips on a piece of baking sheet and cook them in the oven for about 5 minutes or until they look nice and crispy. Do keep watch to make sure they don’t burn as some ovens behave differently than others. Remove bacon from oven and onto a plate when it’s done. Then pull the first pizza and its baking sheet onto the hot baking tray.
- Bake the pizza for 8-10 minutes roughly - but once again keep watch and make sure it doesn’t burn as all ovens are different. When the crust is golden, your pizza is done.
- Only bake one pizza at a time.
- Top with salt, pepper and crispy bacon.
Recipe for potato pizza with bacon
The best recipe for a crispy homemade potato pizza with bacon, mascarpone sauce, and onion. This is the perfect white pizza (aka pizza Bianco) you can make if you ask us. The flavor combination of the creamy mascarpone sauce with the mild potatoes combined with the savory onion and bacon is just perfect. It’s so simple but insanely delicious.
Potato pizza is the perfect dinner AND lunch - for yourself or when you have guests over. The pizza bottom is a cold fermented dough that you just whip together the night before needing it. Then you simply just let the dough rise in the fridge over night. This dough makes the best, crispiest and most delicious pizza crust that’s perfect - for a traditional pizza as well as a pizza Bianco with mascarpone, potato, and bacon.
White pizza with potato and bacon
This is the most delicious white pizza with potato and bacon. If you want to make a less greasy version you can replace the bacon with Serrano ham. That way you get a similar - still incredibly delicious - pizza that’s just a little less fat as Serrano ham is much lighter than bacon.
One crucial part of making this pizza is ensuring the potatoes are sliced super duper thinly, so your KUMA kitchen knife really comes into play here. You don’t need to boil the potatoes or anything like that before slicing them, and because of that it is very important they are really thin sliced so they can bake correctly when the pizza is in the oven.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!