Easy Penne Pasta with Juicy Chicken in Creamy Baked Red Bell Pepper Sauce
Prep time: 30 minutes — Cook time: 5 minutes — Total time: 35 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy and delicious recipe for penne pasta in a creamy bell pepper sauce topped with juicy sliced chicken. A flavorful pasta dinner with baked vegetable sauce that takes just over half an hour to make. Sign me up!
Creamy Bell Pepper Sauce
3.53 oz (100 g) chopped tomatoes, canned
0.5 red bell pepper
6 garlic cloves
0.55 cups (130 ml) cooking cream
0.5 chicken bouillon cube
7.05 oz (200 g) penne pasta
10.58 oz (300 g) chicken breast
0.3 bundle fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 355 F (180 C).
- Peel carrots with your KUMA Paring Knife and cut them either into strips or slices. Cut bell pepper into rough pieces. Cut all garlic cloves across the middle and leave the skin on.
- Add all vegetables to a baking tray lines with a baking sheet. Add salt and pepper to the veggies and mix them around so they get nicely covered.
- Bake them in the oven for about 30 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile trim the chicken from any parts you may not want. Add a good amount of salt and pepper to all sides of your chicken.
- Heat up a pan with oil. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side until fully cooked.
- Cook pasta after packaging instructions in generously salted water.
- When vegetables are done baking remove the tray from the oven. Press the garlic out of the skin without burning your fingers as they can be quite hot. Then add all baked vegetables (including the now peeled garlic) into a blender along with the canned chopped tomatoes, cooking cream, and a crumbled bouillon. Blend into you have a smooth and creamy sauce.
- Heat up the sauce on the pan that you’ve cooked the chicken on.
- When pasta is done cooking, add a few tablespoons of the pasta water into the sauce. Stir well to combine and then add the pastas into the sauce as well. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken into slices as seen in recipe image. kyllingen i skiver. Serve in bowls with pasta in bottom, then chicken slices, and top with some finely chopped parsley.
Recipe for pasta penne in bell pepper sauce with chicken
Here you get the recipe for a really nice, easy, and quick pasta made with penne in a creamy baked vegetable sauce and topped with juicy chicken slices. This is one of those dishes where you sort of sneak in the vegetables, so it is absolutely perfect if you have kids that always protest anytime anything green is on the plate. Heck, even many adults don’t always eat enough vegetables, so this recipe really is a great way to get some veggies in you.
The perfect pasta sauce made from baked vegetables
In this dish you simply bake all your vegetables in the oven. We bake carrots, garlic, and bell pepper, and baking them really brings out a wonderful depth and sweetness to the flavor which just gives you the perfect pasta sauce.
To chicken or not to chicken
You can certainly serve the pasta just with penne and the creamy vegetable sauce and leave out the chicken. That way you get an awesome vegetarian pasta dish that tastes great. We like to cook a chicken breast that’s nicely seasoned with salt and pepper, slice it up with a razor sharp KUMA knife that leaves all the juices inside the meat, and then top our pasta servings with a few slices. It just adds another element to the meal and really brings it home.
White pasta vs. wholegrain pasta
You should use the pasta type you like the most. In general we prefer white pasta, but for this recipe we have actually used wholegrain penne to make the dish a little more filling. In this recipe the pastas get nicely covered in our lovely vegetable pasta sauce, so that helps make them not as dry which we think wholegrain pasta can become in certain recipes. So along with the hidden vegetable tip above, using wholegrain pastas in saucy and flavorful recipes is yet another tip for how to sneak in a bit more healthy food.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!