Prep time: 30 minutes -- Cook time: 15 hours -- Total time: 15.5 hours -- Serving: 2 people
Delicious boat shaped pizzas also known as peinirli. Enjoy them with homemade tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, pepperoni and fresh basil. The slightly tall edges of the peinirli lets all the filling stay in place. Technically the same as a pepperoni pizza, the fun shape and smaller size makes them a different experience and also makes them more portable so you can grab one on the go.
The dough needs to cold ferment for at least 15 hours, so put it together the day before serving. This takes almost no time to do. When the dough is ready, it takes just 10 minutes to get them ready for the oven. Talk about easy dinner (as long as you plan ahead)!
Cold fermented pizza dough:
0.91 cup (215 ml) water
0.18 oz (5 g) yeast
0.28 oz (8 g) salt
11.11 oz (315 g) flour
0.5 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves
0.10 (0.25 dl) water
0.5 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1.23 oz (35 g) tomato purée
0.25 bundle fresh basil
4.41 oz (125 g) fresh mozzarella
1.76 oz (50 g) pepperoni
0.5 bundle fresh basil
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add salt and flour and stir quickly with a spoon. Put in fridge for at least 15 hours.
- Grab your KUMA Chef’s Knife and roughly chop all ingredients for the tomato sauce. Put them in a bowl and let it simmer with lid on low heat. The longer it gets to simmer, the more flavor develops. When it’s cooled off a bit, use a blender to blend the sauce until fine and smooth.
- Turn on oven at 465 degrees F (240 C). Make sure your baking tray is in the oven so it gets heated.
- When the dough has risen sprinkle a bunch of flour over your table. Place the dough and split it into 2 equally sized balls. Form them like a boat and wrap the ends. Place them on a piece of baking sheet.
- Spread tomato sauce on the dough. Then add mozzarella and pepperoni.
- Place the baking sheet with your peinirli on the super hot baking tray. Bake for 8-9 minuttes.
- Serve with fresh basil on top. Enjoy!