Prep time: 15 minutes -- Cook time: 15 minutes -- Total time: 30 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
Very simple and delicious pasta with salmon and pesto - and it’s so easy to make. The roasted pine nuts adds the most amazing nutty taste. This is delicious dinner in just half an hour!
7.94 oz (225 g) salmon filet
7.05 oz (200 g) spaghetti
2 garlic cloves
1 yellow onion
1 bundle spring onions
0.6 cups white wine
1.05 cups (2.5 dl) cooking cream
2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon green pesto
1.06 oz (30 g) pine nuts
1.06 oz (30 g) parmesan cheese
0.5 bundle fresh parsley
- Get a pan with no grease to medium heat and fry your pine nuts. Make sure to stir them frequently to make sure they don’t burn. After a few minutes when they’ve gotten a nice color, remove them from the pan and put aside.
- Grab your trusty KUMA knife and cut onion, garlic, and spring onion. Then add them to pan and sauté until soft.
- Cook the spaghetti according to box instructions in heavily salted water.
- Add white wine to the pan with veggies. Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes so the alcohol can evaporate.
- Add cooking cream, lemon juice, and pesto. Let it all simmer on medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- While it simmers it’s time to prepare the salmon. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Heat up another pan with oil or butter. Add the salmon with the skin side down. Fry it for 3-5 minutes on both sides at medium heat. When you start seeing some white contents coming out from the side of the salmon it’s done. Remove from heat and put aside.
- Drain spaghetti but make sure to save about 5 tablespoons of the salted pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan with sauce. Add the pasta water you’ve saved as this adds wonderful taste and helps the sauce get creamy and thicker.
- Taste the sauce with salt and pepper, and possibly more lemon juice.
- Plate the spaghetti with sauce in deep bowls. Top with salmon filet, roasted pine nuts, parmesan and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
The most tasty pasta with salmon and pesto topped with fresh parsley and roasted nutty pine nuts. It’s super easy to make and can be finished in under 30 minutes, so talk about fast and easy dinner. It goes perfectly with a cold glass of white wine now you’ve got the wine handy for the recipe anyway!
A great thing about this recipe is that you can easily add any other vegetables you may already have at home. Spinach or cherry tomatoes on top would go great with this recipe. Similarly, if you want to leave some veggies out that’s fine too.
People often ask if you can leave out the white wine. You certainly can, but know that it does add a wonderful flavor to the sauce. If you are concerned about the alcohol, no need to worry as the alcohol evaporates as the sauce is heating up.
You can also easily use another type of pesto than green. Pesto is just an amazing way to add a ton of flavor to your pasta without having to add a lot of different ingredients. A red tomato pesto or a bell pepper pesto would work just fine with this meal.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!