Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
A delicious recipe for a wonderful pasta meal in a creamy sauce and topped with parmesan and crispy fried Serrano. Perfect for a busy weekday dinner or to impress your guests. Goes wonderfully with a good bottle of white wine.
2.12 oz (60 g) Serrano ham
1 red onion
2 garlic cloves
3.53 oz (100 g) mushrooms
0.5 cups (1 dl) water
0.5 chicken bouillon cube
1 cup (2.5 dl) cooking cream
0.71 oz (20 g) parmesan
7.05 oz (200 g) spaghetti
1.76 oz (50 g) rucola
- Start by placing your Serrano ham on a baking tray with baking sheet. Cover them with a little bit of oil.
- Preheat your oven to 390 F (200 C) and place the baking tray in the oven when at the desired temperature. Bake them for 8-10 minutes (until crispy).
- Grab your KUMA Chef’s Knife and cut the red onion into small cubes. Then finely chop your garlic. Based on preference your KUMA Paring Knife may be easier to use for slicing garlic due to the small size.
- Boil a pot of heavily salted water and cook spaghetti according to box instructions.
- Cut mushrooms into slices.
- Find a pan and add some grease. Then cook onion and garlic on the pan. Let it sauté for a few minutes before adding mushrooms. Sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add water to the pan and crumble in your chicken bouillon cube. Let it all simmer for 2 minutes, then add cooking cream.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Add your spaghetti to the pan and stir around. Add a few tablespoons of the pasta water to the pan and stir again.
- Wash rucola. Break Serrano ham into smaller pieces.
- Start plating your pasta dish. Start with pasta first, then add rucola, parmesan and finally your pieces of crispy fried Serrano. Enjoy!
Pasta with Crispy Fried Serrano Ham & Parmesan Recipe
Pasta dish with rucola and crispy fried Serrano ham is so yummy. This is one of our most requested recipes on Instagram. It is delicious and creamy, and it looks gorgeous making it a wonderful recipe when you want to impress your guests. As beautiful as it is, it is also a simple, easy, and quick recipe to make so it also works perfectly when you come home from a long day at work and just want an easy dinner. Treat yourself right with this pasta dish.
Pasta with Serrano ham
We love pasta meals with Serrano ham. It’s a great alternative to bacon that is not as greasy. Like bacon it also gets super crispy and has that savory taste. It’s also super easy to cook in the oven and since it’s not as fat as bacon, you don’t get all that grease splatter in your oven so that means less cleaning! Not knocking bacon though (I could eat that every day if my body would let me)! If you prefer, you can easily replace the Serrano ham in this recipe with bacon and it’ll turn out just as delicious. The important thing is the delicious round and creamy taste from the sauce combined with the crispy, savory, and salty bite from the protein. A sure winner every single time!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!