Prep time: 5 minutes — Cook time: 30 minutes — Total time: 35 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for pasta with baked tomatoes, fresh basil, and mascarpone made in a casserole. Easy, quick, and affordable everyday dinner that just tastes great and only takes half an hour to make.
10.58 oz (300 g) cherry tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons olive olie
2 tablespoons mascarpone
1.76 oz (50 g) parmesan cheese
1 bundle fresh basil
7.05 oz (200 g) fettuccine pasta
- Preheat oven to 345 F (175 C).
- Put cherry tomatoes, peel garlic cloves, olive olie, and salt and pepper in an ovensafe casserole. Mix everything well.
- When oven is preheated put the casserole in for 30 minutes. Stir everything around after 15 minutes so it doesn’t burn and gets baked evenly.
- Grate parmesan cheese. Pick basil leaves off from stem.
- Right before the casserole in the oven is done, start boiling the pasta after packaging instructions. Make sure to save some of the pasta water when it’s done cooking.
- Remove casserole from oven after 30 minutes have passed. Mush everything together with a fork.
- Add mascarpone, basil leaves, and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Add 3-6 tablespoons of the pasta water into the casserole and mix thoroughly. If it looks too dry, add some more.
- Add drained pasta into the casserole. Mix well and taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately topped with a bit more fresh parmesan and basil leaves.
Recipe for fettuccine pasta with baked tomatoes and basil
This recipe for pasta with tomatoes, basil, mascarpone and parmesan is a must-add to your rotation of meals to cook. It is so delicious, easy, and just perfect for a simple workday dinner. It’s also a dish that almost makes itself, is cheap and affordable, and just tastes amazing. It’s definitely a sure winner in our home, and if you want to try some dinners without meat, it’s even better.
Many vegetarian meals have us sitting and feeling something is missing, but that really isn’t the case here. You really don’t sit there thinking “this would be better with some meat in it”. We love dishes like that as we do try scheduling a few meat-less dinners in our home but it can be challenging to find the right recipes that don’t feel like a compromise. So we love this one!
The baked cherry tomatoes and garlic work as a nice sweetener due to how they’re baked and mashed together. The added mascarpone, parmesan cheese, and pasta water give the perfect consistency, and the fresh basil adds a beautiful and fresh flavor that brings the whole dish home.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!