Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
The best recipe for pasta with bacon, mushrooms, and parmesan cheese. Turned in a creamy sauce made with white wine and cooking cream, and finally topped with fresh parsley. This is amazing pasta dinner in just half an hour!
5.29 oz (150 g) bacon dice
1 yellow onion
3 garlic cloves
5.29 oz (150 g) mushrooms
3.53 oz (100 g) sun dried tomatoes
0.42 cups (1 dl) white wine
1 chicken bouillon cube
1.06 cups (2.5 dl) Cooking cream
2.65 oz (75 g) parmesan cheese
7.76 oz (220 g) fettuccine pasta
0.5 bundle fresh parsley
- Chop onion and garlic to fine pieces with your best KUMA kitchen knife.
- Clean mushrooms and slice them into 2-3 pieces per mushroom. Cut sun dried tomatoes into smaller pieces if they come large.
- Boil fettuccine after box instructions.
- Add bacon dice to a cold wok or pan. Turn on the heat and fry until crispy and golden.
- Add onion and garlic to sauté for a few minutes until soft.
- Add mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes. Stir well and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add white wine. Let it reduce so the alcohol evaporates.
- Add a crumbled bouillon cube and cooking cream. Turn down heat on low and let it simmer.
- While it simmers, grab your KUMA knife again and chop parsley to fine pieces. Then either grate parmesan cheese or cut and chop it to fine pieces using the Cross Chop Knife Grip.
- Drain pasta but do save a bit of the pasta water for later. Add pasta to the pan along with parmesan cheese (save a bit of parmesan for garnish).
- Mix well and add 2 tablespoons of pasta water. This adds flavor and makes the consistency more creamy. Stir well, and if it needs to be a bit more saucy, add some more pasta water.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with fresh parsley and parmesan on top.
Recipe for pasta with bacon, mushrooms, and parmesan cheese
A really good pasta dish with bacon, mushrooms, and parmesan. The sun dried tomatoes add a wonderful dimension with their slight sweetness and acidity. The whole pasta is turned in a creamy and rich sauce made on white wine and cream. We used fettuccine noodles as we think it fits this type of pasta perfectly.
What other types of pasta can I use?
While we think fettuccine is great for this type of pasta because the wide noodles soak up the sauce so well, you can also use regular spaghettis, penne pasta, or fusilli. These are the pasta types we use most often.
A good spaghetti carbonara alternative
You may think this dish sounds a bit like carbonara, and you’re not really wrong. We came up with this recipe when making carbonara one night and asking ourselves “how can we make a recipe that’s similar to carbonara, yet different enough to be interesting?”. We were making the non-Italian version of carbonara which uses cooking cream for the sauce. You can see the recipe for our carbonara with cream here. If you are interested in the authentic Italian recipe, see our traditional spaghetti carbonara recipe. The recipe we are making today is different as it doesn’t use eggs and instead has sun dried tomatoes and a white wine sauce. This makes the end result very different from a carbonara, but it still have some of those same elements that everyone loves.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!