Prep time: 20 minutes — Cook time: 10 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy and delicious recipe for a pasta salad with bacon and peas turned in a yummy creme fraiche dressing.
7.05 oz (200 g) fusilli pasta
4.41 oz (125 g) bacon strips
3.53 oz (100 g) frozen peas
0.5 red onion
0.5 red bell pepper
5.64 oz (160 g) creme fraiche
3 tablespoons mayo
2 teaspoons sweet mustard
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
0.5 bundle fresh parsley
- Boil pasta according to box instructions. Then drain from water and keep them under cold water to cool down.
- Add frozen peas to a sieve and cleanse them in lukewarm water.
- Grab your KUMA knife and dice onion and bell pepper to small pieces.
- Heat up a pan with no grease and cook the bacon.
- Prepare a plate with kitchen towel and place the bacon on it when it’s done cooking.
- In a bowl mix creme fraiche, mayo, sweet mustard, milk, and powdered sugar. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Grab your trusty KUMA knife and finely slice parsley. Add to your dressing bowl and mix everything.
- When bacon has cooled, slice it to smaller pieces. Put a bit aside as garnish.
- In a large bowl mix pasta with bacon, onion, red bell pepper, and dressing (add the dressing gradually while stirring so you can adjust how creamy you want your pasta salad).
- Sprinkle your remaining bacon on the top as garnish. Serve immediately or keep in the fridge until ready to eat.
Recipe for pasta salad with peas and bacon
Here you get the recipe for a really easy and tasty pasta salad with bacon and peas. Everything is brought together with a delicious and creamy homemade dressing. Pasta salads are always a hit in our home when we need a salad that is filling. We make it quite often - either as a side dish or a the main course. If you have leftovers it’ll also make a great lunch the next day.
The great things about pasta salads - aside from how yummy they are - is that they are simple and cheap to make, and you can easily vary them a lot to make all kinds of different pasta salad versions. This particular version is made with fusilli pasta noodles, peas, bacon, red bell pepper, and red onion - and of course then turned in our delicious homemade dressing based on creme fraiche, mayo, sweet mustard and powdered sugar. If you need the pasta salad to be even more filling you can use wholegrain pasta noodles.
Salad with pasta and bacon
You just won’t go wrong with a creamy salad made of pasta and bacon. The crispy and savory bacon is the perfect element to a smooth and creamy salad like this. If you want to use other vegetables than what is used in this recipe, you can definitely swap them out. This salad is delicious with corn, beans, edamame beans, cherry tomatoes, diced carrots or fresh cucumber - or whatever you may have available in the fridge.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!