Prep time: 20 minutes -- Cook time: 20 minutes -- Total time: 40 minutes -- Serving: 2 people
A simple but yummy recipe for a pasta dish with chicken in a delicious tomato sauce. This is easy dinner that can be made in just over half an hour. A favorite on a busy weekday!
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons (0.25 dl) water
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 teaspoon sugar
1.06 oz (30 g) tomato purée
1 teaspoon dried basil
3.53 oz (100 g) mascarpone
8.82 oz (250 g) penne pasta
9.88 oz (280 g) chicken breast
1 red bell pepper
0.25 bundle fresh parsley
- Grab your KUMA knife and dice garlic and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat up a pot and add vegetable oil. Add garlic and tomatoes and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add white wine vinegar, water, broken up bouillon cube, tomato purée and dried basil.
- Let everything simmer on middle heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a blender to puré everything until well combined.
- Put everything back into the pot and add mascarpone. Let it simmer on low heat.
- Taste with salt/pepper and perhaps a little more sugar if necessary.
- Put on lowest heat and let simmer while you boil the pasta according to instructions on package.
- Cut bell pepper in rough pieces.
- Slice chicken breast in smal pieces and add salt and pepper to it.
- Heat up a pan with oil or butter (or both for best result). Fry chicken until it’s gotten a beautiful color all over.
- Add bell pepper to the pan. Stir and let it sauté for a few minutes.
- Drain pasta and save a little bit of the paste water.
- On the pan, now add the pasta and tomato sauce. Put in 2-3 tablespoons of pasta water and stir (this makes it extra creamy).
- Taste with salt/pepper. Finally, serve with fresh parsley on top.