Prep time: 5 minutes — Cook time: 30 minutes — Total time: 35 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Recipe for a juicy, easy and delicious One-Pot chicken and curry. This is one of the easiest recipes and it’s so good! Amazing dinner in just over 30 minutes. Not bad, right?
Chicken in curry
15.87 oz (450 g) chicken breast
3 teaspoon curry
0.5 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon sukker
0.5 teaspoon ground cumin
1.7 cups (400 ml) coconut milk
1 chicken bouillon cube
5.64 oz (160 g) rice
0.25 bundle fresh parsley
- Cook rice according to packaging instructions and put aside in the pot with lid on when they’re done.
- Heat up a pot on medium and add oil. Then add your curry to give it a burn. Stir around so it doesn’t turn too dark. Giving your spices a quick burn like this helps activate the flavor.
- Now add the chicken to the pot (no need to cut it into pieces - just add it whole). Then add all the other ingredients expect for rice and parsley. Stir thoroughly.
- Put the lid on but leave a little crack open so the steam can get out.
- Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat after 30 minutes. Take two forks and pull apart the chicken. Stir around to incorporate everything.
- Increase the hit to high and put the pot back on for another 5 minutes. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice and fresh parsley on top.
Recipe for easy One-Pot chicken and curry
Easy and delicious recipe for a one pot curry chicken meal. This one is so easy and simple - and just as tasty! You basically just throw all the ingredients into the same pot to simmer and voila, you’ve got an amazing dinner. Magic! This might just be the best curry chicken out there. When it gets to simmer in the coconut milk and spices it turns into this super juicy and flavor packed chicken. It’s one of the best ways to cook chicken. And it’s just as easy and healthy as it is a flavor bomb (and cheap to make, too)!
After the chicken has simmered for 30 minutes you just tear it apart with two forks similarly to how you shred the meat for pulled pork. I guess you can call this pulled chicken and curry. It just tastes amazing this way and it also leaves you with fewer items to clean afterwards. Doesn’t get no easier than this.
Can I add vegetables?
If you’d like some green elements in this recipe, carrots, mushrooms and asparagus are a great fit. They add more texture and flavor - and a more juicy bite as these veggies will soak up that delicious sauce. You can also add bell pepper, peas or beans but as these vegetables will cook quickly, we recommend you add those until after you’ve shredded the chicken.
The best and easiest way to make chicken and curry
This is by far the easiest way to make chicken and curry. You just measure all the ingredients and throw them all into the same pot. You don’t even need to cut your chicken - so as boring as it sounds there’s no need to use your favorite KUMA knife here! This method makes the meal taste different from the standard curry chicken recipes as you get pulled chicken in this version. It also turns the chicken even more tender and juicy than it otherwise would.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!