Easy One-Pot Pasta Penne Dinner Recipe with Chicken and Spinach
Quick recipe for a one-pot pasta with chicken & spinach in a creamy sauce. Perfect yummy easy dinner where all ingredients are cooked in the same pot which just needs to be stirred a bit. Easy family dinner recipe you can cook in under half an hour!
1.9 cups (4.5 dl) water
1 vegetable bouillon cube
10.58 oz (300 g) chicken breast
7.05 oz (200 g) pasta penne
1 red bell pepper
3.53 oz (100 g) fresh spinach
2 garlic cloves
0.85 cups (2 dl) cooking cream
0.5 teaspoon lemon juice
0.25 bundle fresh parsley
- With your favorite KUMA kitchen knife cut chicken and garlic into dice and slice bell pepper into strips.
- Add water to a pot, add bouillon, and then add chicken (it has to be raw), pasta, bell pepper, and garlic. Bring it to a boil under lid.
- Stir frequently to avoid the ingredients burning. Then bring to medium heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Check from time to time and if you think it needs more liquid, add some more water.
- Remove the lid when the pasta is done cooking. If you think there’s too much liquid by now, leave the pot for a while with no lid on so the liquid will evaporate.
- Turn off the heat. Wash spinach and add it to the pot. Finally, add cooking cream.
- Taste with lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Quick dinner ideas for one-pot pasta with spinach and chicken
Easy and delicious recipe for one pot pasta with spinach and chicken. If you’ve followed us for a while you’ve probably noticed that we love easy pasta recipes - and easy dinner ideas in general. That’s why this one pot pasta is a true weeknight classic for us when dinner has to be fast but you won’t exactly want oatmeal or PB & Js for dinner.
Easy chicken dinner recipes for family
This one-pot chicken pasta is so easy to make and you can add pretty much any vegetables you like. Just the other day we made it and found a half zucchini in the fridge which I decided to dice to fine pieces with my KUMA Chef’s Knife and add to the pot. So this is a great recipe for clearing out your vegetable drawer to avoid food waste. What’s also awesome about this pasta is that it’s a really family friendly dinner recipe thanks to its mild taste, nice flavors, and ease of cooking. So if you’re a family of 4, simply double all the ingredients on the list and you can easily scale up your portions.
Chicken dinner ideas for tonight
Do you also love easy chicken pasta recipes? Then try our One Pot Pulled Chicken and Curry with Rice recipe or our One Pot Chicken and Sweet Potatoes recipe! These are both super simple to cook, but they all bring something new and different to the table.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!