Prep time: 5 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 25 minutes — Serving: 2 people
The best recipe for a delicious omelette cooked on the pan. It is served with cherry tomatoes, crispy bacon, fresh chives, and slices of fresh rye bread. This is delicious and simple dinner in under half an hour.
3.53 oz (100 g) bacon strips
0.21 cups (0.5 dl) milk
1.76 oz (50 g) cherry tomatoes
0.5 bundle fresh chives
2 slices of fresh rye bread
- Beat eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat without grease.
- Cook bacon on the pan.
- Prepare a plate with a paper towel. When bacon is done cooking, move it to the paper towel.
- Put pan back on the heat and turn down to low heat. Add a little bit of butter or oil if your pan doesn’t have a good amount of bacon grease left in it.
- Pour the egg mixture onto the pan. If your pan has a lid, put it on now in order to create a baking effect plus it’ll speed up the process.
- Let the omelette cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes until it’s firm in the top.
- While the omelette finishes, grab your KUMA Paring Knife and slice cherry tomatoes into halves. Slice chives into fine pieces.
- When omelette is done, top with tomatoes, chives, and bacon. Serve immediately with rye bread.
Recipe for omelette
Never underestimate an old-fashioned fluffy and easy egg omelette. This is quick and simple dinner in under 30 minutes and it requires only a few ingredients. Putting the rye bread on your plate and then placing a generous slice of omelette on top of it is just so good. Top off with some dijon mustard and ketchup - YUM!
We like to make our dinner omelettes with crispy bacon, cherry tomatoes and lots of fresh chives for a wonderful flavor. Fresh vegetables and herbs are perfect for this type of egg omelette.
Omelette on the pan
This omelette is cooked on the pan but you can also easily cook it in the oven instead if you prefer. Just make sure that the pan you are using is an oven-safe pan.
When cooking your omelette in the oven we definitely recommend putting a lid over it. This lets the steam inside help prepare the omelette on its top. It also helps prevent it from burning on top, keeps it more juicy and more fluffy.
Can I add cheese to my omelette?
Yes, feel free to add shredded cheese such as cheddar, Emmental, mozzarella or what your favorite cheese may be - this definitely won’t hurt your omelette!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!