Spicy Mexican Burger with Extra Saucy Stuffings Recipe
Prep time: 3 hours — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 200 minutes — Serving: 2 people (2 burgers)
Easy dinner recipe for a spicy Mexican burger with beef, cheese, homemade guacamole, and salsa. We even make homemade buns. The best Mexican burger recipe with lots of flavor.
0.42 cups (1 dl) water
0.53 oz (15 g) yeast
0.5 teaspoon salt
0.5 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
7.05 oz (200 g) flour
8.82 oz (250 g) ground beef
2 slices of cheddar
0.5 red onion
2 tablespoons salsa
0.35 oz (10 g) leaf lettuce
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
0.3 red onion
1 garlic clove
0.5 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water in a large bowl.
- Mix in salt, sugar, and oil.
- Add flour and knead the dough until it’s elastic. It’s not sure you need all the flour so add little by little. It’s okay for the dough to be sticky.
- Instead of letting the dough rise, start forming it into buns right away.
- Weigh the dough to 3.88 oz (110 g) per bun. Roll them into balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking sheet. Put some flour on your hands and press them flat (that way you’ll get burger buns that don’t get too tall).
- Now let the buns rest in a warm place for 1.5 hours under a kitchen towel.
- After 1.5 hours, preheat oven to 390 F (200 C).
- Now beat an egg in a bowl and gently brush the buns with the egg. If you have some sesame seeds you can sprinkle these on top. If not, don’t worry.
- Bake buns in the oven for about 10 minutes, but start keeping watch after 8 minutes as all ovens behave differently.
- 10.Remove buns to cool off when they’re done.
- Cut red onion into very fine pieces with your KUMA Chef’s Knife. Then slice avocado in half. Remove the seed and scrape the avocado into a bowl using a spoon.
- Use a fork to mash avocado. Chop a garlic into very fine pieces and add it into the bowl along with red onion and lemon juice. Mix well with the fork and taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide beef into 2 equally large parts, gently form them as balls, and then press them flat. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat up a pan with oil or butter.
- Fry the patties for 5-6 minutes per side. When they’re almost done on the 2nd side, add the cheese so it melts.
- Remove from pan when they’re done.
- Wash lettuce and tomatoes. Slice tomatoes and red onion with your KUMA kitchen knife.
- Spread your buns with mayo, add lettuce, patty, guac, salsa, tomato and then red onion slices. Finally place the top bun which should also have a nice mayo spread.
- Serve immediately with a side of nachos.
Easy dinner recipe for best Mexican burger
Mexican burger with beef, cheddar, salsa, red onion, and tomato. Of course served with nachos on the side. If you’ve been searching for new easy dinner ideas for how to make burgers, this one is definitely worth a try! It’s a bit more spicy than a traditional burger and it just tastes amazing.
Worknight food you won’t regret
We love Mexican burgers as a nice worknight dinner as well as for weekend dinner recipes. It’s also good when you have guests over and want to serve something different.
Mexican burger with guacamole
In a Mexicansk burger you of course need a lot of nice guag and salsa! Also never skimp out on cheddar cheese. This is the type of burger that requires a napkin or two, which is what a good burger is all about in our opinion. It’s saucy and also full of good flavor. So if you love Mexican inspired food like we do, try making this burger. If you want something other than beef you can also use chicken patties or even vegetarian patties. We’ve tried both of these versions as well and they taste great thanks to all the lovely stuffings.
Simple dinner ideas with a Mexican twist of guacamole and salsa
Instead of using classic burger dressing we use salsa and homemade guacamole in this burger. The flavor combination is just awesome and adds a lot of taste and spice to the burgers. You can also add some jalapeños if you want it hotter. These burgers are in no way boring!
Easy meal prep ideas
We are firm believers in meal prepping and we often get asked by our readers and customers for some quick dinner ideas that are ideal for meal preps. A recipe like this can easily be added up to cook 2x, 3x, even 5x portions. You can bake all the buns and freeze them so they just need to defrost overnight and then heat them on the pan or oven. The raw beef patties can be stacked in a container for the freezer with baking sheet pieces in between each patty so they don’t freeze together. This way you can prepare a large portion of Mexican burgers that you can easily reheat in the future. Alternatively, a finished burger will also last a few days in the fridge if you want to eat them for a couple of days in a row.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!