Too busy to cook? Get dinner on the table quick with this simple but delicious Macaroni and Vegetables recipe.
2 cups elbow macaroni
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 lb wieners, sliced
2 small zucchini, sliced
12 oz can whole kernel corn
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups cheese, grated
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and keep warm
2. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion, green pepper, and celery, and cook until tender and crisp. Add wieners and fry until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
3. Add zucchini, corn, and tomatoes. Sprinkle in salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
4. Reduce heat to low, then add macaroni. Add cheese, and stir until melted and well combined.
5. Transfer macaroni on a serving plate and serve immediately. Top with extra cheese if desired.