1 cup all-purpose flour
Salt, to taste
6 tbsp butter
Juice of 1 lemon
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp flour
2/3 cup water
2 egg yolks
Grated rind of 1 lemon
3 tbsp butter
1/3 cup lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Sift flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add lemon juice and egg yolk to form a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured board, then wrap it in cling film. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Roll out dough until 1/4 inch thin. Cut with fluted cutter into 2-inch rounds.
5. Line greased tart tins with pastry rounds. Prick the base and sides of pastry shells before placing in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they are light-golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
5. For the filling, combine sugar, cornstarch, flour, and water. Stir over low heat and cook for 7-8 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in yolks, lemon rind, butter, and lemon juice. Let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
6. Spoon lemon curd mixture into tart shells. Dust with icing sugar and garnish with berries if desired.