Prep time: 20 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 40 minutes — Serving: 2 people
The best recipe for juicy hamburger steaks (minced beef patties) in a creamy mushroom sauce topped with crispy bacon. Serve with a side of sesame potatoes. Easy and delicious dinner when it is best!
8.82 oz (250 g) ground beef
1 yellow/white onion
1 garlic clove
4.41 oz (125 g) mushrooms
0.21 cups (0.5 dl) white wine
0.5 chicken bouillon cube
0.55 cups (1.3 dl) cooking cream
0.3 teaspoon brown sauce coloring
2.65 oz (75 g) bacon strips
14.11 oz (400 g) potatoes
1.06 oz (30 g) sesame seeds
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Chop onion and garlic to fine pieces with your favorite KUMA kitchen knife.
- Clean mushrooms and slice into quarters.
- Form 4 beef patties: Season well with salt and pepper and then put aside.
- Fry bacon on a pan or in the oven. If you use the oven, place bacon with a half inch between each other on a baking tray lined with baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes on 390 F (200 C). You can bake them at the same time as the potatoes.
- Grab a pan and add 2 tablespoons of oil or butter (or simply use the bacon grease if you cooked that on the pan). Sauté onion and garlic for a few minutes and then add mushrooms. Sauté until it all gets color and softens.
- Remove it from the pan and into a bowl/plate for later.
- Add 2 tablespoons of grease to the pan again. Cook your minced beef patties for about 4 minutes per side until they get a good color. Then remove from pan.
- Add white wine to the pan and stir with a spatula or something soft that won’t damage your pan. Then add cooking cream and crumble in bouillon cube.
- Stir well and then let it all simmer. If you have brown sauce coloring, add a few drops to the sauce now.
- Place your patties, sautéd mushrooms, onion and garlic back into the sauce. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Let it all simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with a piece of crispy bacon on top of each patty and a side of sesame potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 390 F (200 F).
- Peel potatoes and cut into wedges with your KUMA Paring Knife.
- Place potato wedges in an ovensafe casserole.
- Pour some oil over the potatoes. Turn them around a bit so they all get nicely covered.
- Season with salt and sesame seeds.
- Bake potatoes in the middle of the oven for 30-40 minutes. All ovens vary so start watching them after 30 minutes.
Recipe for hamburger steaks in mushroom sauce
Here you get the best recipe for juicy minced beef patties in mushroom sauce. This one was strongly requested so we had to deliver something amazing! These are the best and most tasty minced beef patties you can make and they are even topped with crispy bacon, taking them to a whole other level. They are super easy to make, too.
This recipe works well as a weekday dinner as well as a more special Friday night dinner when you have company over.
It is just a really nice way to make minced beef patties a bit more exciting and adding some variation compared to what you usually make (at least that’s the case for us, personally). So here is a great new recipe to try something different and get a bit out of your comfort zone - without making things any more complicated!
Beef patties in mushroom sauce
These minced beef patties in creamy mushroom sauce have become a massive hit in our own homes. The meal is super easy to make and it is a fun and exciting way to make the traditional minced beef patties a bit more exciting and special.
When you cook them in the creamy mushroom sauce this way, they draw in a lot of juice and flavor from the sauce. I think we can all agree that dry shoe sole patties are a huge no-no. With this recipe, you never have to worry about that!
You can serve these patties with many different sides. We have chosen sesame potatoes in this recipe, but baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, or rice also works as a good sauce. These will all soak up the sauce which is important for a dish like this.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!