Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 30 minutes — Total time: 40 minutes — Serving: 2 people
An easy and delicious Italian pasta dish with chorizo in a tasty tomato sauce made on cooking cream. It’s the perfect easy dinner that both kids and adults will love and it takes just over half an hour to make! If you prefer to use another protein than chorizo, chicken goes quite well with this recipe.
7.05 oz (200 g) penne pasta
3.53 oz (100 g) chorizo
2 yellow onions
3 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
2 teaspoons dried paprika
1.06 cups (2.5 dl) cooking cream
1.06 oz (30 g) tomato purée
0.5 vegetable bouillon cube
0.42 cups (1 dl) water
0.25 bundle fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to box instructions in generously salted water.
- With your favorite KUMA knife, cut onion and garlic to fine pieces. Slice bell pepper to thin strips. Cut chorizo to small cubes.
- Add a bit of grease to a pan and sauté onion, garlic and chorizo.
- After 3-4 minutes add bell pepper.
- Add paprika, tomato purée, water, and crumble in your bouillon cube.
- Bring everything to a boil for 5 minutes. Then add cooking cream and let it simmer for a few minutes. Taste with salt and pepper.
- When pasta is done cooking, add a 2 tablespoons of the pasta water to your pan and stir well. Then add the pasta to the pan and stir around to cover it all in the sauce.
- Serve with fresh parsley on top.
Recipe for penne pasta with chorizo in creamy tomato sauce
A delicious recipe for a lovely pasta dish made on penne with chorizo and drenched in a delicious and creamy tomato sauce with cooking cream. This is a great Italian style pasta dinner with lots of flavor so don’t be fooled by how easy it is to make - it tastes awesome! We have a weakness for Italian food, so it’s no wonder we love visiting Italy whose cities like Rome are filled with the most amazing eateries offering all kinds of pizzas and pastas. On our last visit to Rome we got this pasta with chorizo and ever since that experience we’ve wanted to see if we could recreate the recipe. I’d say we’ve come pretty darn close with this one!
Pasta with chorizo sausage
It’s a super easy, simple and oh-so-yummy pasta dinner with chorizo sausage which is all turned in a creamy and tasty tomato sauce. The sauce is made of primarily tomato purée, cooking cream, and bouillon. This makes for a mild yet very tasty sauce. Especially the vegetable bouillon helps elevate the sauce a lot and is a perfect way to add more flavor.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!