Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 15 minutes — Total time: 25 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy and quick recipe for the most delicious Italian pasta dish known as Arrabiata. A spicy tomato sauce with penne pasta and crispy fried Serrano ham. Easy and delicious dinner with lots of flavor in under half an hour.
7.05 oz (200 g) penne pasta
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 yellow onion
2 garlic cloves
0.5 fresh chili
14.11 oz (400 g) diced tomato, canned
2 teaspoons chili sauce
0.5 bundle fresh basil
1 teaspoon white sugar
2.12 oz (60 g) Serrano ham
1.06 oz (30 g) parmesan cheese
- Fry Serrano ham on a pan with a little oil or butter until crispy. When crispy, remove from pan and put aside.
- Boil pasta after packaging instructions in heavily salted water.
- Grab your favorite KUMA kitchen knife and slice garlic, onion, and chili into fine pieces.
- Chop basil into fine pieces and make sure to keep it aside from the onion, garlic, and chili.
- Heat up 1-2 tablespoons oil in a pot.
- Add garlic, onion, and chili to the pot and sauté for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes.
- Add chili sauce, salt, pepper, finely chopped basil and let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- If you have a hand blender, give the sauce a quick blend. It’s fine to keep a few chunks.
- Add the boiled pasta into the sauce along with a few tablespoons of the pasta water. Mix with a spoon.
- Serve the pasta in tomato sauce in bowls. Top with crispy Serrano ham, parmesan, and a few basil leaves.
Recipe for Pasta Arrabiata
Recipe for the always delicious Italian pasta dish, Pasta Arrabiata. This version if with crispy fried Serrano ham on top which adds a wonderful little crispy and savory element that compliments the other ingredients perfectly. It is no secret that we love Italian food. Italian pizza, Italian pasta. Yes, Italy truly offers many amazing specialties and this pasta is just one of them.
Easy Authentic Italian Food
Pasta Arrabiata is so simple to make yet still incredibly tasty. This is one of the amazing things about how they cook in Italy - simplicity that just tastes wonderful. They can turn simple and few ingredients into the most delicious dish.
This Pasta Arrabiata is great for an easy and quick dinner as it takes under half an hour to make. We sometimes also make this recipe when we have company over - it goes great with a cold glass of white wine.
The Vegetarian Version
If you want to make a vegetarian Pasta Arrabiata you can simply leave out the Serrano ham and you will still end up with a delicious pasta. If you want another crispy element, some crispy mushrooms are a great garnish. When frying crispy mushrooms the trick is to sauté them as you normally would but with no seasoning. Don’t add any salt until they’re done and you take them off the heat - then you can sprinkle them with salt. The reason behind this is that salt releases the moisture from the food, so adding the salt while they cook releases the moisture immediately causing them to steam in the excess liquid in the pan.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!