Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for Indian dahl with chicken. Serve with brown rice, creme fraiche, fresh parsley and warm naan bread. Amazing, flavor-packed dinner in just half an hour. YUM!
2 white/yellow onions
3 garlic cloves
8.82 oz (250 g) carrots
1 red bell pepper
10.58 oz (300 g) chicken breast
3 teaspoons curry
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon ground ginger
7.05 oz (200 g) dry red lentils
1.7 cps (4 dl) water
1.7 cups (400 ml) coconut milk
14.11 oz (400 g) chopped tomatoes, canned
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3.53 oz (100 g) creme fraiche
0.25 bundle fresh parsley
2 pieces of naan bread
6.7 oz (190 g) brown rice
- Cook rice after packaging instructions.
- Grab you favorite KUMA kitchen knife and chop garlic and onion into fine pieces.
- Peel carrots and dice into small cubes.
- Slice bell pepper into strips. Cut chicken into cubes or strips.
- Heat up a pot with 2-3 tablespoons of oil.
- Add garlic and onion to sauté for a few minutes. Then add chicken and cook until colored on all sides.
- Now add carrots and bell pepper. Stir thoroughly.
- Add spices and stir thoroughly. Let the spices get good heat to activate the flavor.
- Add red lentils, water, chopped tomato, and coconut milk. Stir well and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir once in a while so it thickens while preventing it doesn’t burn.
- Taste with salt and pepper and start heating your naan bread.
- Serve with boiled brown rice, naan bread and a scoop of creme fraiche on top.
Recipe for Dahl with chicken
The most delicious Dahl recipe with chicken. Indian dahl is such a wonderful and flavor-packed dish. Furthermore it is cheap and super easy to make. We often make 2X or 3X the recipe so we get a huge batch and then we freeze it in portions. That makes for a super easy dinner in the future that you just need to defrost and reheat.
Traditionally dahl is a vegetarian dish and to be honest we most often make it that way. But with this recipe we wanted to try something a little different and thus added chicken. We serve it with brown rice, a scoop of creme fraiche, fresh parsley, and warm naan bread. This is absolutely tasty dinner and it takes just half an hour to make.
One-Pot dinner with chicken
We love one pot meals as they are so easy to make. When you can make them budget-friendly and healthy without compromising on flavor whatsoever, it’s even better. This dahl is full of vegetables such as carrots and bell pepper. You can also add things like green beans, peas, or zucchini if you like. This is not the traditional way, but the beauty of cooking is that you can always experiment and YOU are in charge.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves #CookingWithKUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram and Facebook!