Prep time: 20 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes — Total time: 40 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Indian chicken with rice and topped with fresh parsley and almonds. This is a really delicious meal that is fast and easy to make. Serve with naan bread on the side.
7.94 oz (225 g) chicken breast
0.5 garlic clove
0.5 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garam masala
0.3 teaspoon chili flakes
0.3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
0.3 teaspoon dried turmeric
0.5 teaspoon curry
3.5 tablespoon neutral yoghurt
1 garlic clove
0.5 yellow onion
0.5 red bell pepper
3.5 tablespoon water
0.85 cups (2 dl) cooking cream
7.05 oz (200 g) diced tomato, canned
0.71 oz (20 g) tomato purée
7.05 oz (200 g) rice
2 x naan bread
0.3 bundle fresh parsley
0.35 oz (10 g) almonds
- Grab your KUMA Chef’s Knife and slice chicken breast into strips.
- Smash 0.5 garlic for marinade with the side of your knife blade and chop it to pieces before mixing it with the spices and yoghurt in a bowl to make your marinade. Stir to incorporate and then put in chicken, mix to ensure it is covered with marinade, and then place in fridge to rest.
- Boil rice according to box instructions.
- Now prep the garlic for your sauce. Chop it to small pieces along with the onion. Heat up a pot with a bit of oil in. Sauté onion and garlic on middle heat for a few minutes. Meanwhile slice up bell pepper into strips.
- When onions are soft it’s time to add the chicken. Let it fry/simmer in the marinade for 10 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Add bell pepper and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato purée, cooking cream and water. Stir well and then let it simmer for a while. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls with rice in bottom, then add your chicken sauce, and top with almonds and fresh parsley. Serve with naan bread on the side.
Recipe for Indian chicken with rice
Here you get the recipe for a delicious Indian chicken with rice dish topped off with almonds and fresh parsley. It is a super easy and quick menu to cook so it is perfect after a busy work day.
We absolutely love Indian food as it always packs a ton of flavor due to the spices used. The strong, intense and different tastes from the spices is just perfect. This meal is a great way to switch up your menu during the week when you want something varied.
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!