Easy Indian Cashew Curry with Rice
Prep time: 5 minutes — Cook time: 15 minutes — Total time: 20 minutes — Serving: 2 people
Easy recipe for a flavor packed Indian cashew curry with vegetables and roasted cashew nuts. A delicious vegetarian meal that has so much taste and texture that you won’t even think about it needing meat. Amazing dinner in just 20 minutes!
Indian cashew curry
1 white/yellow onion
3 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon curry
2 teaspoons garam masala
2 teaspoons tomat purée
1 vegetable bouillon cube
0.21 cups (0.5) dl water
1.69 cups (400 ml) coconut mil
1 red bell pepper
10.58 oz (300 g) carrots
1.76 oz (50 g) cashew nuts
5.64 oz (160 g) rice
0.5 bundle spring onions
- Cook rice according to packaging instructions. Set aside under lid when they’re done.
- While rice cooks, heat up a pan without any grease.
- Add cashew nuts to the pan and roast them for a few minutes. Shake the pan from time to time so they don’t burn. When they’ve gotten a nice color all over and release a nice aroma, remove them from the pan into a small bowl.
- Chop bell pepper and carrots into rough cubes with your favorite KUMA kitchen knife.
- Slice onions and garlic into fine pieces.
- Heat up a pot with some oil in it and add onion and garlic to sauté until soft.
- Add bell pepper and carrots. Stir to mix everything on the pan.
- Make an empty space in the pot and add tomato purée and all spices in the empty area. Let it get a quick fry without actually burning to activate the flavors, and then mix it all with the remaining contents of the pot.
- Now add water, coconut milk and crumble in the bouillon.
- Let everything simmer for 5-10 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- If the sauce is too thin (as there can be differences in various coconut milk types) you can easily thicken it by adding a bit of flour or cornstarch into a bowl with a little bit of water in it. Stir with a fork to fully dissolve the flour/cornstarch and then add your thickening agent into the sauce until you get the desired consistency.
- Serve your Indian Cashew Curry with rice and top with roasted cashew nuts and spring onions slices.
Recipe for Indian Cashew Curry
Here you get the recipe for a delicious Indian curry with roasted cashew nuts and delicious vegetables served with rice. Indian food can be cooked in many different ways and we love creating inspiration for new dishes. Indian Cashew Curry is an Indian vegan meal that takes under half an hour to make (it can be made in 20 minutes, in fact) that you serve with rice and perhaps even a garlic naan bread. We love easy and fast dinners that also taste wonderful. The flavorful curry sauce combined with roasted cashews is the most amazing flavor combination that can easily become a new favorite in any home. You can easily let it simmer for longer periods of time. We just love that it is quickly made, doesn’t require much work, and the vegetables and nuts add a nice little crunch to it.
We use regular white rice for our Indian cashew curry but you can also serve it with wholegrain rice, vegetable rice, lentils, or whatever you prefer.
Vegetarian Casserole with Vegetables
Are you also looking for more alternatives to meat-free days? We are adding more and more lovely recipes for vegetarian and vegan dinner meals. A lot of people have this idea that food without meat is dry and boring. However with the right inspiration a vegan dinner it can actually be really delicious and you can quite easily make some very tasty vegetarian dishes that won’t leave you wishing it had meat in it.
Inspiration for Easy Vegan or Vegetarian Dinner Recipes
We love a good steak or a juicy beef burger, but we have in recent years made an effort of introducing one or two meatless days every week. In our ever-growing food universe you can find a good portion of easy vegetarian everyday dinner recipes. We have a lovely Vegetarian Spaghetti Bolognese and a flavor packed Chili Sin Carne. We love the Danish classic Avocado Smørrebrød (open-faced sandwich), and we just can’t get enough of this creamy spinach and ricotta ravioli pasta!
Follow us on social media.
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for more delicious food inspiration and tips. Remember the right tools can make or break your time in the kitchen and we at KUMA live to deliver you the sharpest cooking experiences available with our knives. We would love to have you join our thriving community who all loves Cooking With KUMA.
Let us know how your meals turned out - tag @kumaknives on Instagram!