Who says eating healthy means cutting down on flavor? This tasty but heart-friendly Salmon and Asparagus recipe clearly breaks that rule.
2 lb fresh asparagus
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp dried basil leaf
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 3/4 inch salmon steaks
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1. Heat the broiler. Combine 1/4 cup butter, basil, and lemon juice in a small dish.
2. Lay asparagus on greased broiler pan and brush with lemon-butter sauce. Broil for 3 minutes.
3. Add salmon to the pan and brush with sauce. Broil for about 6 minutes, or until fish easily flakes with a fork and asparagus is tender. Brush salmon and asparagus with sauce halfway through cooking. Flip asparagus as well.
4. Heat 1 tbsp butter in a small saucepan while asparagus and salmon are cooking. Add mushrooms, and cook gently for 3 minutes. Stir in soup and milk, and bring to a boil.
5. Pour mushroom sauce over salmon and asparagus. Serve immediately.